• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Don Campbell Models

Turbo21835

Don is a member here although we haven't heard from him in quite a while

Thats simple, It has a lot to do with the time of the year. This time of year in Northern Michigan, there are two things to do. 1 Is build models. 2 Is move snow. Don does both, and from i have heard, he does both very well

992G

Don is a member here although we haven't heard from him in quite a while

Sorry about starting the post Steve, I did a search with his name and nothing came back, so was not sure if he was known about over HEF. His talent is something that is one of a kind.

doncampbell

What ever happened to Don Campbell ??

Hi you guys !!,
Thanks for the kind words about me !
I been busy plowing snow , we have had 145 inches so far this winter.
Also still busy building models
and taking equipment pictures !!
I still love all kinds of equipment !!
Still not very good with the computer either , ha,ha.
I'll see if I can get back a little active on this sight starting this week.
I love pictures of machinery !!
Lets see if I can even figure out my first post ??

doncampbell

My first equipment pictures on You -Tube last week.

Hi again,
Last week I posted my first you-tube pictures under ( Doncampbellmodels)
So far there are 28 of them.
Three of them are me walking around 40 acres of old dozers, graders, trucks , scrapers ! Thought some of you might enjoy them.
A couple of them are me driving a old Mack Pack off road truck, a IH Paystar with a bottom dump trailer, a Koehring 10 yard excavator , and a Cat scraper.
Others show pictures of some of my models and real machines I climbed on and got to operate.
I also still have a daily blog with daily pictures on my webpage at
www.doncampbellmodels.com
I hit one million visitors last summer, very cool !!
We will head out in the spring and take many more equipment pictures again this summer.
If I can figure this computer out, I'll start posting on a regular basis.
Here is a link to the You-Tube Videos.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t1nEOWsD5tw

Speedpup

Nice talent :eek: Real nice talent. Wish I could make a telehander in large scale. Wish I could even draw a crummy one on paper.:eek:

I enjoyed watching your skills take shape.:drinkup

Last edited:

doncampbell

Thanks for the kind words , I will be posting several more clips on You-Tube this week .
I have never posted many of these building process pictures before. So people can see more of the parts and see the different shapes required to make the finished model.

CTDiesel

Yeah, I'd like to know where the tires come from too. If I remember right, I think you've got a whole stash of all kinds of toys old and new that you rob the tires from for various projects.

I've been visiting your site frequently for at least the last 5 or 6 years. I saw you in person at the National Farm Toy Show in Dyersville a few years back but you were busy talking to some other people I thought it would be rude to interrupt.

You do build some amazing machines. I remember seeing a couple of your 1/4 scale models at the show if I remember right. Amazing stuff and I always look forward to see what you're going to build next.