• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Doing My Part To Help Rehab History

redneckchevy9

Occupation
Draftsman/Boom Truck Driver
Customer is gutting & redoing a historical building in downtown of area town. Just doing my part :)

some writing/artwork on the original walls of the 3rd floor I snap pictures of as I was bringing in the osb. Pretty neat I think.

20160826_094707_zpsjtbpfb5r.jpg20160826_094712_zpsrbzfsffj.jpg

Attachments

• 20160826_083641_zps0hmxxuvb.jpg
    20160826_083641_zps0hmxxuvb.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 207
  • 20160826_082047_zpsgewuiuzi.jpg
    20160826_082047_zpsgewuiuzi.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 205
  • 20160826_082929_zpsf2bnfy1s.jpg
    20160826_082929_zpsf2bnfy1s.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 211
Last edited:

td25c

Nice work !

Your rig sure saves a lot of work for the nail benders .:thumbsup

Tradesman

Occupation
Contractor
Glad to see you back posting again, us crane guys are few, we need all the pictures and chatter we can get. Looking at crane pictures is how I settle down at the end of the day, if I dont have this sight I might go over to some of the equipment for sale sites and no good can come from that.:rolleyes:

Tradesman

Occupation
Contractor
Nice work !

Your rig sure saves a lot of work for the nail benders .:thumbsup
Again with the nail benders! "If I drive an air nail through my finger do I not bleed" we are real people with real feeling. :stirthepot

redneckchevy9

Occupation
Glad to see you back posting again, us crane guys are few, we need all the pictures and chatter we can get. Looking at crane pictures is how I settle down at the end of the day, if I dont have this sight I might go over to some of the equipment for sale sites and no good can come from that.:rolleyes:

Yeah, been a stranger lately. This forum & Red Power forum are the only 2 I'm interested in. I stay pretty active on RP, but need to try to keep up on here.

Tradesman

Occupation
Contractor
I have soft plan as well, when I took the training on it many years ago I met the guy that developed the program . It was developed in Ontario near me. It is an awesome program, I don't use it as much as I used to,our building code changed and I was going to have to pass a bunch of government tests to be a "qualified person" so I just use it for farm building now.

redneckchevy9

Occupation
Tradesman, while I learned on Microstation & AutoCAD....don't use any of that now. Self taught Softplan & have been using it since 2003. Just upgraded to 2016 & it is awesome. Works great for all my needs at the lumberyard. I don't know if you are on facebook or not, but this a group I belong to....you can waste a day looking @ other boom trucks.... https://www.facebook.com/groups/604533849697066/ This is another reason I haven't been around for awhile :)

Attachments

• 20160318_174512_zpsnvzwhrod.jpg
    20160318_174512_zpsnvzwhrod.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 151
  • 20160507_145717.jpg
    20160507_145717.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 151

kshansen

Occupation
Retired Mechanic in Stone Quarry
C Farmall.jpg

Nice looking tractor! I have it's little brother a BN.:) Many years back I did a ground up rebuild on it and it looked about as pretty as your C with the exception of the ratty old tires it has on in. These days it is getting a bit rough looking, spray bomb paint does not hold up after 20+ years! It runs a 72 inch Woods mower to keep the weeds at bay on about 9 acres of lawn. If all equipment was a dependable as that old Farmall there would be a lot of us mechanics sweeping floors at Wally World!

redneckchevy9

Occupation
View attachment 158353

Nice looking tractor! I have it's little brother a BN.:) Many years back I did a ground up rebuild on it and it looked about as pretty as your C with the exception of the ratty old tires it has on in. These days it is getting a bit rough looking, spray bomb paint does not hold up after 20+ years! It runs a 72 inch Woods mower to keep the weeds at bay on about 9 acres of lawn. If all equipment was a dependable as that old Farmall there would be a lot of us mechanics sweeping floors at Wally World!

thank you sir! it was a poor man's resto w/ rattle cans, but it turned out nice. This was my grandpa's C since the early 60's...it is a 1950. IH tractors are my other passion.

Knepptune

Again with the nail benders! "If I drive an air nail through my finger do I not bleed" we are real people with real feeling. :stirthepot

Lol that's good stuff. I grew up with a nail pouch strapped to my backside. I can still bend nails with the best of them. I'm always thankful I'm in the crane these days. I've thrown enough walls around.

td25c

Good one Tradesman !:D

I better re phrase the " nail bender " to Carpenter or Framer .;)

Nice looking Farmall redneckchevy !:thumbsup

Last edited:

Tradesman

Occupation
Contractor
Don't change your manner of speech for me, my wife says I'm to sensitive :D

redneckchevy9

Occupation
Thanks TD! I have never heard the term "nail bender". I have always said "wood butcher". Trust me, some of the guys I have delivered to over the years are exactly that. While other guys are great at framing, but suck at finish work or vice versa. In the area I am delivering, I would say almost all of our contractors that use us as a supplier are good and above carpenters. Unfortunately, some guys think if they walk into home Depot, buy some boards,and get a "contractors club" hat, they are super contractor. In most cases, if I see a guy stroll into the yard with a hat like that on, I just laugh and let him talk himself into a corner trying to sound like he knows what he is talking about.

Nice looking Farmall redneckchevy !:thumbsup[/QUOTE]