• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Do u like your 953D

Highlift

Have had my 953d forabout year and half.im am really disappointed in the ride, wondering what u guys think.

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
The 953D doesn't have bogie-suspended undercarriage so it's bound to be a bit of a hard ride on anything other than really soft material. What sort of ride were you expecting and what other machines are you comparing it to when you say you are disappointed with the ride..?

Highlift

The 953D doesn't have bogie-suspended undercarriage so it's bound to be a bit of a hard ride on anything other than really soft material. What sort of ride were you expecting and what other machines are you comparing it to when you say you are disappointed with the ride..?

It does bogie & comparing to 953 c my old 953c rode like cadaliac. This d rides like road wagon!!

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
Unless you have a photo that shows different it doesn''t have rubber-suspended bogies supporting the track rollers. Does it by any chance have SystemOne undercarriage on it and did your last machine have the same type of tracks or did it have "normal" heavy-duty tracks..?

Also is there any difference in the seat suspension between your former machine and the new one..?

Highlift

Unless you have a photo that shows different it doesn''t have rubber-suspended bogies supporting the track rollers. Does it by any chance have SystemOne undercarriage on it and did your last machine have the same type of tracks or did it have "normal" heavy-duty tracks..?

Also is there any difference in the seat suspension between your former machine and the new one..?

The roller frames do bogie . Regular undercarriage no system one .all of the rear engine highlight bogie they are not solid like 955/977. It has air ride seat,but it will beat u do death!

GregsHD

Occupation
Self Employed HD Mechanic
The roller frames do bogie . Regular undercarriage no system one .all of the rear engine highlight bogie they are not solid like 955/977. It has air ride seat,but it will beat u do death!
I think perhaps you are running on harder ground then you were with the 953C? I don't know how you operators can run these machines for a full shift, they are smooth on soft ground or on the garbage in a landfill, but on hard or frozen ground I can feel my teeth wanting to fall out. I would never want to run one for a living that's for sure.

Highlift

Nige u may have something.i was looking & it bogies but very very little. Instead of rubber blocks they have steal .its not like my 963b at all

Cutterjohn

I think we having a nomenclature issue, the hy-stat track loaders all have oscillating track frames, connected by and equalizer bar which has a rubber pad. The rollers are bolted to the track frame, no bogie style like the larger dozers.953d.jpg

Dickjr.

I always thought these track loaders rode rough unless you were in soft soil. The track frame oscillate very little as well. I thought it was do to the double bar grousers maybe. The 963 seems to ride a bit better I guess because its heavier.