• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Do Marine Injectors exist for a L10 cummins?

Soodude

Just as the title says fellas. Do they even exist and if so where can I go abouts getting me a set. I want a little more oomph out of my L10 and I really don't feel like swapping a motor out since I can't get a big cam or my n14 to fit under the hood of a t450 without having to put a T800 hood on it.

Any help is always appreciated guys

Thank you

Soodude

How hard is it to change the Button Ben? I've only ever played with turning up the pump. Where can I order me one? love you long time........ oh wait what?!?

ben46a

Ahhhhhhhh is your name soo because you're a small vietnemese woman? :D I'd call mumau diesel in Pa and ask for jeff to get the button. Also with that would recommend installing an exhaust temp (egt or pyrometer) gauge. The button swap is easy, ten minute job. To locate the restriction, view your PT fuel pump from the drivers side, the idle adjustment cover is needing to be removed. It is a conical 4 bolt mounted cover on the rear side (opposite mounting driven side) with a small 1/8 pipe plug on the end. Remove this cover and carefully extract an internal snap ring from a sleeve just within the area previously covered. Some spring pressure will loose the parts if you don't pay attention. Remove the snap ring, spring and retainer. The fuel button is within and can be easily swapped with a smaller one, you'll see what to do.
The smaller recess presents less of a surface for internal fuel pressure to act apon, more is required before the button shifts and regulates. Higher pressure means more fuel/ power. (PT stands for "pressure - time" and was always Cummins claim to injection fame).

Soodude

Awesome, thank you much for the info and my name is Soo because I live in Sault Ste. Marie and we have always just said I live in the Soo but thank you for the explanation, I thought I was going to have to take the pump off but you way is real nice!!

ben46a

I know about the soo lol. On some trucks you have to take a fuel filter base off as well but it doesn't add much difficulty. Also, lube up the new button with atf or clean oil before you install it.. Wayyyyy easier than injectors. Also, whens the last time the top ends been adjusted? On those PT engines performance can suffer if the adjustments out.