• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Ditch Witch 3700 Issues

Kenneth R

Anyone have any issues with the hydrostat that drives the wheels? Just recently purchased a 3700dd and trenched the first 150 feet just fine and then felt like the brake was on and didn't want to hardly move and would occasionaly lunge forward while trenching.Finished the trench and barey got it loaded on trailer (full throttle and all the way up on drive pedal). Been searching the web for any info our service manuals and striking out, really thinking I should of stuck with the older mechanical models but the temptation of having a newer piece of equipment got the best of me and I no nothing about hydrostatic drives. Any help or leads would be greatly appreciated Thanks,ken

Vetech63

If it were mine, I'd block it up and run the power train. Listen for noises at the rear differential. I've had trouble in the past with the anti-spin third members that act just like what your describing.

Kenneth R

If it were mine, I'd block it up and run the power train. Listen for noises at the rear differential. I've had trouble in the past with the anti-spin third members that act just like what your describing.
Thanks, I got it figured out late last night, there is a backhoe attachment on this machaine and there is a tow haul push buuton switch on backhoe platform. The switch itself wasn't disengaging 12v power to the tow haul hydraulic valve . was super easy fix was just expecting more serous .

cey146

I need to know more about what you're describing, please. I have a 3700 backhoe trencher, that will barely drive forward or backward on the slightest incline. Where is the tow/haul button you mention, and what color is it?
Thanks

cey146

Thanks to Kenneth R, for helping me to find the solution to a problem that has been ongoing.... for several years. Very happy to say that he was spot on with the exact cause of no power to the drive wheels on my old Ditch Witch 3700. I'd have never found it, had it not been for the above post. So, thank you Sir, I'm grateful to you.