• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Disposal: Late model CAT machines...Best Options?

ateen19

For a guy looking to cycle out a late-model CAT Excavator and a Dozer - what do you guys see as the best disposal/selling Options and Why (easiest, most profitable, practical, reliable, best for taxes, etc.)?

I've got some thoughts on it and see some pros and cons, but I figured id open it up to be sure we're not leaving any money or man hours on the table...

What's worked best for you guys?

Last edited:

crane operator

The iron I've seen sell lately on purple wave was bringing big $$$. I don't know what their fee's are for sellers. There is a 10% buyers premium. I don't find as many deals as a buyer, on their auctions as I used to, but that's great for a seller.

ateen19

Yeah I've seen the same from Purple Wave. They're here in my county actually.
I like what they're doing, just wonder what ya'll think about other auctions compared to Purple Wave or even other options besides auctions?

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
What iron are you selling, brand, hours, condition and how long have you owned it?

Did you take advantage of bonus depreciation the first year? Are you worried about recapture?

There are a lot of factors that will be different for each company.