• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

diesel fuel in oil - ford 4500

shopteacher 1

I thought I had water in the oil.

I drained the oil, and found that I had 4 gallons of diesel fuel in the oil. Put new oil in and started her up. Runs fine 80psi oil pressure. When I shut her down, I turned the fuel off so she does not get diesel in the oil.

Anyone have any thoughts as to what is going on?

fishfighter

I second the seal. Even though you are closing the fuel petcock, as you are running, you are still injecting fuel into your oil.

Former Wrench

Occupation
Retired
I second the seal. Even though you are closing the fuel petcock, as you are running, you are still injecting fuel into your oil.

I stress that you do not run the engine until you are ready to test the repair and replacement of the seal. You are in danger of wiping out the bearings with the diluted oil.