• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Did i have to much time on my hands

steve loving

Here is a tool i made to adjust screw and lock on cat rocker arms when adjusting valves. It would be very easy to make this tool with a variable torque setting with loaded detents lik preset torque limiters for shafts. It wouldnt change the size could i sell them.

Attachments

• lineboring bars 007.JPG
    lineboring bars 007.JPG
    75.6 KB · Views: 1,057
  • lineboring bars 008.JPG
    lineboring bars 008.JPG
    63.6 KB · Views: 1,053
  • lineboring bars 009.JPG
    lineboring bars 009.JPG
    59 KB · Views: 1,085
Last edited:

tctractors

Steve that is sort of "showing off", I dont think I even have the correct spanner for the lock nut??, you have this work of art to pull out of the tool box.

steve loving

Steve that is sort of "showing off", I dont think I even have the correct spanner for the lock nut??, you have this work of art to pull out of the tool box.

Tc i was outside in the rain pushing a sproket on a d41a kom and starting raining and i was looking for an excuse to play in the shop.

blademan150

Occupation
Retired Local 150 Operating Engineer
Steve, I've had this tool for as long as I can remember, I will say yours is better looking though.

Attachments

• DCP_0002 (640x480).jpg
    DCP_0002 (640x480).jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 886
  • DCP_0003 (640x480).jpg
    DCP_0003 (640x480).jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 917

steve loving

that flushed my million probike hea with your screenname and talking bout dragracing ever heard about puppet at racevisions. He past away recently but he was the zen of drag bikes. I didnt know him personally but mike at mikebosracecars.com did and mike has an ol 955 i work on for him sometimes. Steve

PROBIKE101

puppet use to build all the top fuel harleys, almost all the top fuelers are in some way modeled after his original
designs.

rare ss

Steve, I've had this tool for as long as I can remember, I will say yours is better looking though.

Snap on made a variant of that, my father in-law has one, i tryed to buy one awhile back but they are NLA and the newer design is abit sh%t, missed out on one which i spotted on ebay recently too