• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Did A Little Plowing Today

King of Obsolete

Occupation
marketing my life style
i had to get the D6 9U known as THE HOOD to do a little plowing, talk about a lot of snow. first i did a little angle blading in 5 gear for about 4 miles, then i cut the road in to the EL MINE right down to the gravel which was about 1/4 of mile. i did about 8 passes to get the snow back so it wouldn't drift in again. then on the way back home i got asked to widen out about 1.5 miles of road for the diamond drillers. THE HOOD did very well whipping the snow back and performed very well for a cat that was under water fro 3 years.

thansk

Attachments

• THE HOOD plowing the EL MINE march 14 2007 003.jpg
    THE HOOD plowing the EL MINE march 14 2007 003.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 1,024
  • THE HOOD plowing the EL MINE march 14 2007 004.jpg
    THE HOOD plowing the EL MINE march 14 2007 004.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 1,030
  • THE HOOD plowing the EL MINE march 14 2007 006.jpg
    THE HOOD plowing the EL MINE march 14 2007 006.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 1,025

JDOFMEMI

KoO
Great to see the old girl out working now after following your build up of her. It looks like you will get a lot of service from the old cat.
All you are missing now is about $30.00 or rustoleum and you would have everyone convinced you had bought a new one. :scool

I missed your last post. You better spend the $30 on another coat instead of a coat of paint :salute

Last edited:

King of Obsolete

Occupation
marketing my life style
thansk, i have some more oil leaks to fix and then it will be the paint. will splash it on on a hot summer day with lots of beverage, LOL

very pleased on how the old boy (all my cats are male and the sleighs are female) handled the snow. right from the factory this would have been a very good cat. i think that is why the 9Us were so popular in their day.

thansk

atgreene

Oh no, not another paint queen. lol:rolleyes:

I personally hate to see an old machine all painted, hides too many of it's battle scars. I prefer old iron in it's work clothes. Although, in the course of indulging in some adult beverages if some paint was thrown at it, oh well.:drinkup

chevy94

im really likin that old iron, never see any of that round here...well unless its in a field sittin still

Last edited:

farmerted44

Occupation
heavy equipment operator
king,
great to see the old boy up and at em...i am still amazed at the work you
performed on him.

oh by the way we only reached 94 today. we might hit 100 by weekend....

:Cowboy

oldhousehugger

King of obselete website GOOOOOOD

Man I can't tell you how much I enjoyed your writings and sharing your tails.
Be reasonably careful. Keep writing