• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Diamond Reo Trucks and Osterlund Giant Trucks Connection

old1

Occupation
Selfemplyed
I check this forum daily; but never post; I'm a lurker, I suppose. Found something interesting today, going through some old manuals, and posting them on Ebay.

Here Goes: I found a manual for a Giant Truck, yea I thought they were talking a big truck; but to my surprise the Giant , was made in Pennsylvania. I want to make this as short as I can, so here is a link to read to fill you in a little, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diamond_Reo_Trucks

I'm from Pa, and never heard of this. Also google, Osterlund inc., there was a major court case also.

Anyway, when Diamond Reo went out of business, Osterlund sort of continued the Diamond Reo based truck under the Giant name. Have I got you truck historians interested yet !!!!

That is where the court case came up; but you will have to google that, it is loooong.

2uenpkl.jpg

3145ma9.jpg

I never posted a pic here, so I am trying.

Anyhow, pics or no pics right now, this is interesting, The manual shows you how to shift Fuller transmissions, 10-13-15-speed and 8LL and all the drivers checks, preventive maintenance, he should be doing. There is a maintenance log in there that has dates up to 1991.

That is all for now, I'm going back to the pics and see what I am doing wrong.

old1