• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Diagnostic tool question

cam9456

Hi, wondering if anyone can suggest a diagnostic set up to work with multiple equipment brands or if such a thing exists? We primarily work with Terex, Liebherr, Senneboggen, Cat, Kubota and Deere. Any help would be awesome

theironoracle

Occupation
OWNER/OPERATOR MOBILE HEAVY EQUIPMENT REPAIR
Cam9456, i have spent hours looking, maybe days. I have only found that all these systems are proprietary to the dealer. It does not exist. Once i tried to get isuzu off-road engine diagnostic system for link-belt excavators and isuzu said it was only for dealers, at least cat, deere or cummins if you own there equipment as a customer you can usually get the software...........good luck.......................theironoracle

JGS Parts

Occupation
Owner JGS Machinery
Mate i have seen some systems advertised on the net saying the do the lot of machines but i would not be sure if i would trust it as i have never seen anyone using them before and also . u have got to think about it i think CAT would sue them as they tried to sue me for just selling there ET tools so yeah.

cam9456

Wow that does suck, I've seen some laptop setups offering cat diag and their sis which seems like it would be incredibly helpful but never seen anything for Terex or senneboggen at all

tool_king

Occupation
road mechanic owner
cam9456
I use Pocket Fleet Diagnose with good luck.It will read codes and info for John Deere ,International truck,ford ,Genie /Terex ,Case equipment and so many others.I also use Cummins Insite,Caterpillar ET, Pocket Fleet,Isuzu IDSS for engine diagnose work.I have had great luck with these programs.I also use Hitachi WinDr on Hitachi/John Deere excavators .Call me at 1-201-832-1606 during the day if you have any question.I can answer any questions you may have.
THANKS
ED

theironoracle

Occupation
OWNER/OPERATOR MOBILE HEAVY EQUIPMENT REPAIR
tool_king, you must be the KING that sounds like $20-30k in software and data-link adapters!!!!!!!!!!!!that would take about 6 or more guys to pay for that i would think......more power to you........theironoracle

excavator

ToolKing, I assume that Pocket Fleet Diagnostics will only read fault codes and monitor engine values, but not allow one to set parameters or re-program the controller, correct? How often have you used it on John Deere or Caterpillar and how did it work? Thanks for your help.

tool_king

Occupation
road mechanic owner
excavator
Pocket fleet will read engine ,trans, abs ,j1939 protocalls,1708 protocalls and obdII .You can not change parameters but can run some special test like for injector testing. I use it often on John Deere engines in both machines and gensets.It works very well .It will work on bothe machines ,trucks and cars.Very handy to have .

theironoracle
I use only two different interfaces a nexiq usb link and nexiq magic key.The price tag for all the stuff was not that bad.

excavator

I have a John Deere MagiKey PDM built by MPSI that I used on the 12.5 Liter engines in 9000 series tractors and I'm getting Service Advisor from a friend. Hopefully I can get everything to work together but may have some questions before everything is working.

tool_king

Occupation
road mechanic owner
excavator I hope I can help with any questions you have .Call me at 1-201-832-1606 if needed or I can call you.I have a question about the service advisor.
THANKS
ED

pipeline mech

I run Cat ET and John Deere service advisor on my laptop wich takes care of a majority of equip I work on. Somedays I wonder how you can even get anything done without them.

tool_king

Occupation
road mechanic owner
pipeline mech
I have a question for you about the john deere service advisor software .Can I call you or you can call me at 1-201-832-1606.
THANKS
ED

equip guy

Occupation
Ag and Construction Equip mechanic
If you were to buy a service advisor for Deere equipment on line would it still work? If you were only using it for "in house" equipment would it really matter if you were going to get monthly updates? I know it would be better if you had them, but as soly for diagnostic/ trouble shooting it would work wouldn't it?

CatToy

What is out there to work on Link Belts excavators with Isuzu engines, I have codes and electrical problems that local service techs (non LB) cannot help with. Nearest dealer 140 miles, so they are no help.

CatToy

CatToy, what size link belt and which Isuzu motor... I have a few Isuzu service manuals

Simonsrplant,
I have a Link Belt 330LX with a Isuzu 6HK1 engine code. I would appreciate any help, I have one engine code E0488 which others have told me is EGR or inlet air temp. I would like to know what the troubleshooting steps are to fix.
Thanks,