• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

diagnostic software questions

Mike L

Occupation
Self employed field mechanic
The boss has told me to start shopping for software and it's brought up a few questions that maybe you guys can help me with. I'm looking to get cat et, cummins insite, and est 7.6 to cover case new Holland. I was told that cat et and case will not work on the same laptop because they share some of the same security codes and will lock up. can cummins work on the same laptop as cat or case, or do I need a seperate laptop for all 3? also what does insite cost? I thought I heard once that it was like $1000 a month subscription! that seems a bit much. so what do you guys use and do you have a good source to buy from? thanks

SchuLace

I am fairly certain that ET and the cummins software will work on the same computer

inthedirt

EST software comes with INSITE included, just not the subscription. BUT... EST is dealer only!

Mevas

Banned
Occupation
Owner MEVAS Machinery Evaluation
The cheapest way to get a working CAT-ET is buying from China including a refurbished laptop. There are providers on Alibaba selling the same stuff you would purchase from another source for double price. Some CAT dealers might sell "customer versions". It is some kind of "read-only" CAT-ET.
To get the Volvo VACDS you can also try in China. But it will be very expensive. We got our MATRIS adfapter from local Volvo dealer but you need a good contact.
www.mevas.eu

MJHeavy

Banned
Occupation
Technican
The only real expensive part of CAT ET is the Comm adapter. The software and license are cheap by comparison. PM me if anyone needs help getting it running.