• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

DeWind Builds Largest Deep One-Pass Trencher in the World: Cutoff Walls up to 125' D

Occupation
DeWind One-Pass Trenching: Business Development
I hope it's okay I posted this ad promoting our trenching technology! I thought you guys might get a kick out of it- it's the biggest trencher DeWind has ever built (we have a fleet of these custom built trenching machines) and we are very proud of this one.

" This is a game changer " - Becky DeWind, co-owner of DeWind One-Pass Trenching

View attachment DeWind MT3500 - Largest Deep One-Pass Trencher in the World.pdfIMG_5639.jpgIMG_5716.jpg

JDOFMEMI

That is a very interesting machine.

Can you share some details about it?

Oxbow

Very impressive, but what does one do with a 125' deep trench? I am not being facetious, I just can't imagine that there are many areas where the walls would stand up, and even if they did, for what purpose? Grouting in with lean concrete perhaps?

Occupation
Good Morning,
I am not the right person to discuss the technicalities of our One-Pass Trenching machines, I am just sharing an update. The inner workings of our trenchers can't be shared, as it's proprietary information.

... strange, our web-site should be working fine: www.dewindonepasstrenching.com

These deep in-situ mixed cutoff walls (soil-bentonite / soil-cement-bentonite) are installed for dam and levee remediation - to cutoff seepage without on open excavation. There are other applications as well - deep containment walls to cutoff contaminated groundwater seepage.

DeWind One-Pass Trenching Advantages:

- In-Situ Mixed Walls
- No Open Excavation
- Fast Installations... up to 5x conventional rate
- No Messy Mixing Ponds
- Trencher Fits on Tight Sites/Narrow Platforms (less site prep / grading - degrading)
- Complete Homogenized Wall Top to Bottom
- Competitive Pricing
- Walls up to about 125' Deep

Here is a reference for a recent soil-cement-bentonite cutoff wall DeWind completed at the Lake Tyler Dam in TX;
https://youtu.be/ilP3WQSuR2k

• Animation: Soil-Bentonite & Cement Bentonite Cutoff Walls:
www.koibeach.com/Dewind_slurry

Fav. MT3500 Pic.jpg

Occupation
We do much more than just installing cutoff walls with our Deep One-Pass Trenchers:

These are extremely versatile machines, with many installation applications for both civil and environmental projects;

• Soil-Bentonite / Soil-Cement-Bentonite Walls up to 120+ feet deep
• Groundwater & Product Recovery Trenches up to 40 - 45 feet deep
• Permeable Reactive Barriers / ZVI Walls up to 40 - 45 feet deep
• Vapor Extraction & Injection Trenches
• Funnel & Gate Systems
• Leachate Collection Systems
• Erosion Control Systems for Slope and Tailings Stability
• Relief Trenches
• HDPE Barrier Walls
• Large Volume Horizontal Irrigation Systems
• Underground Alluvial Water Storage Reservoirs
• Dewatering
...and more

These are groundwater collection trench being installed; sump, pipe & backfill installed in a single pass, no open excavation -
DSC05394.jpgnice load stone:pipe.jpg

Occupation
Great! I am glad the youtube video helped. Steve does an amazing job highlighting the advantages of using DeWind for cutoff walls on dam / levee projects.