• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Deutz F3L 1011F injector pump issue

rich_5656

Hi, i have a 3 cylinder Deutz F3L 1011F in a dumper.

The other day it went into run-away and i couldn't stop it, lots of white smoke but eventually stopped.
Since then i've drained the oil to find lots of diesel in it.
If i drain some out of the oil sump i can run it for a little while but lots of diesel getting in the engine.

Any suggestions where i should be looking?
Found a common fault is the injector pumps leaking. Does this sound a good place to start?

I've read they are timed up with the fuel rack. Can anyone explain how i remove the injector pump's to have them checked, and put them back in the right way please?

Seen a timing pin mentioned that goes in a bolt hole near the injector pumps, just can't find specifically how to do it. don't want to take it apart and not be able to get it back timed up again?

Thanks in advance.