• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Deutz F2L912 no fuel out of injectors

mattyt1984

I have a Deutz F2L912 that has been sitting for years. I have good fuel feeding the fuel filter assembly but when I crank it over no fuel comes out of either injector. The throttle moves freely as does the lever for on and off. Do I need to remove the side cover to free something up? Does anyone have pics of what is under that cover?

thepumpguysc

Occupation
Master Inj.Pump rebuilder
if its been sitting, chance are good that its air bound..??
Have u cracked open the lines GOING TO the injectors AT THE INJ.??
IF u get fuel there, u should be good to go..

mattyt1984

I primed it good I removed the delivery valve at output to injector and fuel sprays out but when I put delivery valve together nothing comes out

Vetech63

If I am remembering right, those had a electrically operated solenoid valve that closes the fuel rack when not energized. Not real easy to get to but its on the front of the engine beside the timing cover. If I am remembering wrong...…….I'll have to check my service book! o_O

funwithfuel

Occupation
Mechanic
Odds are 1 pump is probably stuck, holding it in no fuel position. I would try to remove the shut off solenoid and
A) check to see if it works electrically.
B) see if you can manipulate the rack in and out. It should be free with almost no resistance. If its bound, you have a bad/stuck pump.

thepumpguysc

Occupation
LOL.. theres a reason theres "specialty shops"..
If u took the delivery valve outta THE PUMP & spun the engine or pumped the hand primer to hard..
& put it back together & tightened the "delivery valve holder".. U messed up the pump..
Remove the shut off solenoid & reach in & "try" to move the control rack..
{injectors dont have delivery valves}
Just because u hear the solenoid click, doesnt mean it moved the rack..
Let us know..

mattyt1984

Fuel comes out with this removed which I thought was delivery valve. I manually move the on off lever either way and still no fuel. Thinking maybe I need to remove side cover?

Attachments

• 15802432178582988011444620301258.jpg
    15802432178582988011444620301258.jpg
    1,009.6 KB · Views: 60

mattyt1984

Fuel comes out with this removed which I thought was delivery valve. I manually move the on off lever either way and still no fuel. Thinking maybe I need to remove side cover?

Attachments

• 15802432749332550357801876191351.jpg
    15802432749332550357801876191351.jpg
    662.5 KB · Views: 57

thepumpguysc

Occupation
To be perfectly honest, I don't ever remember seeing anything like that..??
The piece does look like the center valve & spring out of a del. valve..
Injectors are in the head.. but that's of little consequence if u cant get fuel there..

mattyt1984

K thanks for help I guess I'll remove the side cover. I am thinking whatever the on off lever moves is stuck in the off position. The fuel rack I can see move freely what I work the throttle

Vetech63

Take a few pics of the complete engine on the fuel side. One of your engine ID plate would be good also. What is this engine in and how old is it?

RZucker

Occupation
Mechanic/welder
And that is not "your engine" just a rep photo. Show us a shot of your fuel rack where you can see it moving. I think its still stuck and you have zero idea what you are talking about. At the rate you are going you might just be able to show us a Deutz grenade.

mattyt1984

Ok thanks I need to remove the side cover in order to show the rack I was hoping to see a pic of it removed so I could see what is inside. Not sure what the difference would be in my exact engine or a pic of the identical engine. I think it's quite obvious it is stuck in the off position.

mattyt1984

Here are some pics. I noticed the pin that must move the rail assembly was broken. But I think it would stay running if that was the only issue here. Attached are pics. I think that maybe the injector pumps are stuck in the TDC position. Any other ideas or pics of a manual on these?IMG_20200204_161233.jpg IMG_20200204_161240.jpg IMG_20200204_161248.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20200204_161233.jpg
    IMG_20200204_161233.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 28

Delmer

The Germans like to make things failsafe, so I'd guess that broken roll pin has to contact the other roll pin and hold something in the linkage for it to run.

What are you calling the rack? that linkage looks more like two lever that control the injectors. You should be able to test those injectors and figure it out with that cover removed. The injector pumps could be stuck, that would close the fill port and not allow fuel to flow like you say it is with the delivery valve removed (if I'm understanding this correctly). When the fuel was flowing from the delivery valve area, was that cranking the engine? or pumping the transfer pump? and was it continuous flow?

Delmer

Good, so if you push on those cam rollers for the injection pump, will it shut off the flow? Probably not needed actually, the pump plunger is free or there would be no flow, I believe.

Fix the roll pin and try it out, that's what I'd do.