• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Deutz Bf4M1011f

Terryz

I have Deutz BF4M1011F engine that I need to find the heigth of the pistons above the block. The Deutz manual calls for a special service tool to set up and measure the height to get the right head gasket; one of three. Anyone have the poorman's tools, a straight edge and feeler gauge to get a measurement. Thanks, Terry

thepumpguysc

Occupation
Master Inj.Pump rebuilder
Personally I cant say, I havent done it.. BUT, A straight edge & feeler gauge sounds good to me.. as long as all your checking is piston height from the deck..
A feeler gauge costs about 3-5.00 & anything that's straight will work good enough, it doesn't necessarily have to be "exactly" factory straight.
But like I said, I haven't done it..

tool_king

Occupation
road mechanic owner
I have Deutz BF4M1011F engine that I need to find the heigth of the pistons above the block. The Deutz manual calls for a special service tool to set up and measure the height to get the right head gasket; one of three. Anyone have the poorman's tools, a straight edge and feeler gauge to get a measurement. Thanks, Terry
If you look on your old gasket there will be notches cut into in the shape of a V it will be 1,2 or 3 that will tell you which one needs to be put back .Did you have head milled or just replacing gasket

Terryz

If you look on your old gasket there will be notches cut into in the shape of a V it will be 1,2 or 3 that will tell you which one needs to be put back .Did you have head milled or just replacing gasket
The old gasket has 2 notches. The head is off because the rings are wore out. This engine was apart at some point in its life and I want to measure for myself before reassembling.I have a deutz shop manual; looking for a parts manual; haven't been able to find anything online. deutz controls acess very tight. not much in the way of aftermarket parts.

tool_king

Occupation
road mechanic owner
The old gasket has 2 notches. The head is off because the rings are wore out. This engine was apart at some point in its life and I want to measure for myself before reassembling.I have a deutz shop manual; looking for a parts manual; haven't been able to find anything online. deutz controls acess very tight. not much in the way of aftermarket parts.
Terry what is your serial number of your engine .I can look them up on Deutz.

Terryz

Engine SER # 263545 I need part #'s for .2mm rod brgs, piston & ring kits, Ring sets; I'm not sure which I need yet. head gasket 1 & 2 notch numbers. the piston height dimensions are close to upper limit on 1 notch & bottom limit on 2 notches. I will wait until I get pistons back in before ordering head gasket. Which way would you go? Also part # for valve guides; the head has 3 guides that that are 5mm higher than the others; possibly newer updated part, also can you identify the type of silicone Deutz uses. It is a very strong black silicone , it costs $90.00 for a tube Thanks, Terry

tool_king

Occupation
road mechanic owner
for tool king. additional parts needed , valve stem seals and 1 45 degree intake valve
Terry for some reason the Deutz site is not showing the part numbers . I am going to try this again .