• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Deutz 914C Air Cooled Engine Problems

Bezzy

I am having trouble with a Deutz 914C Diesel Air Cooled Engine mounted on a CEC 6 x 16 Screen Deck. We are screening recycled concrete and asphalt and the air cooler section was building up with asphalt dust. I have cleaned it out with a degreaser and power steamer and i thought i got it all but the unit is still over heating. Does anyone know if the hony comb sections over the oil cooler area are removable or replacable. I think my problem is in there but i can't get a really good look to see if these areas are really clean.

oldseabee

Occupation
Retired
Deutz oil coolers are staggered core so it's hard to clean it. May have to take it to Rad shop and have it boiled out, even then not sure if the asphalt is set up too tight even for that. you could soak it in diesel fuel for a day or two to melt the asphalt out.