• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Deutz 1011/2011 Fuel Filter Leaking

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
I've been dealing with this problem for years. The plastic fuel filter base on Deutz 1011/2011 engines are crap. The way they are designed, 9 out of 10 will leak where the filter gasket meets the filter base because of faulty design that Deutz has never addressed. I've purchased a brand new OEM Deutz filter base, pulled it out of the box and right away could see it will leak, and, it did. There is no fix for the OEM base. But after years of dealing with this I found a solution, an aftermarket die cast aluminum filter base. At my current job we have 5 machines with these engines, the majority of them leaked at the fuel filter. I stumbled across this aftermarket base and purchased one. It worked perfect. I've since replaced them on all the other engines, no more filter leaking. I did get one that had a flaw in the casting, sent the seller a video of the flaw and it leaking, they sent me a new one at no charge. There may be others now offering this filter base, but the ones I purchased was from High Quality Motor Service on Ebay. > https://www.ebay.com/itm/152979095892?epid=9017868923&hash=item239e43c154:g:TwsAAOSwoGpfCJpC&amdata=enc:AQAIAAAA8BSGzx96nCwmyMp5K2zf0gtClkJ+odPGjZvZHqCcBHZngGOoMJF0T7bDt9NuNggr4Eh0yzD4YPcRx4lzMUP5KqrV+4onjhkp2UFHB5MTMNkZHsWRaFPSyziRcce+nvhSRvKDXV8LdQLDYPTrYBq0L4obl7PVAmAXinXdTXUGrYgF26syrk+QB6FS91n46BVjWDdNDcuE/unXR83t5yzzQdHqBr3+8BJupPvWtE+W+RgiA+cwK7UtGwdjrTENbsotE2Fl7GnGAJX6Ixo+em8WVZTSt9WtAj2AD1XjKVYqCBuGmGCX1qU8i4k7H3Z4y0cWZA==|tkp:BFBM-ISnj6lj

Last edited:

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
This is what I'm referring to, pic lifted by permission from an HEF member. Note the distortion of the base where the filter gasket makes contact. This is a very common problem with these engines.

Deutz fuel filter base.jpg