• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Desperate for a service truck

theironoracle

Occupation
OWNER/OPERATOR MOBILE HEAVY EQUIPMENT REPAIR
image.jpg
I am guessing you have seen this on truck paper.com but here it is. You can't beat that price I'm sure through anybody. This one has the 350hp motor, which won't hurt anyone. If you are interested PM me and I can send you the salesmans name and contact info I dealt with.......TIO

clintm

Occupation
trucking,concrete recycling,grading, demolition
TIO does yours have the auxiliary power pack? a lot of the new DPF trucks have one so you don't run the engine at idle for the compressor/crane and clog up the DPF filter

Deeretracks

Occupation
Shop Foreman
Thanks for the info, I was real hesitant to look at AT trucks since the last one I drove was an old school Allison that plain sucked. I haven't been around too many Maintainer bodies, glad you like it. It gives me another one to consider. I'm not in a hurry at all since my current truck is still in great shape, just looking to add another to the fleet. I was hoping they would get a handle on the dpf/egr issues before I bought a new truck but it doesn't seem like it's going to happen. I did see that truck at Palmer, if you liked the guy you dealt with please send my his contact info.

Chad

theironoracle

Occupation
OWNER/OPERATOR MOBILE HEAVY EQUIPMENT REPAIR
DPF\EGR systems are just something we are going to have to learn to maintain. I think it will need to be part of at least an annual maintenance item. Understanding the components and procedures to quickly diagnose and repair DPF and EGR should be at the top of any mechanics list if they are in charge of these machines. 4 of the first 7 new EGR machines I have been responsible for their first shutdown/failures was some part of their EGR/DPF system.

I don't know why I just chose to rant on that now but there it is.

I wonder if the forum gurus will allow a full forum dedicated to EGR/DEF problems.

If I had the time and money to order a custom service truck I would go Carco custome. When I was shopping they were 6-9 months out I am guessing now it would be 9-12 months out, I would be pretty sure around $170,000 on the before tax/delivery price also which I don't think that would make it worth it so then I would get the stock truck from Palmer....TIO

Deeretracks

Occupation
Shop Foreman
My current truck is a custom 14' Carco and I love it, it has tons of room and still stays dry during western Wa winters even after 10 hard years. I would love to have a T370 with the exact same setup that I have other than adding a 10k crane instead of the 8k I have now.

clintm

Occupation
trucking,concrete recycling,grading, demolition
I think there should be a thread on DPF's because customer's have not figured out how much of a problem and costly that they really are and real issues and down time that they cause.