• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Desperate for a service truck

tctractors

TIO, best of luck with your new Chariot, I realy hope it works well for you, I would love 1 of the U.S. style service trucks but in the U.K. it would be near impossible to use, the sites that would let you in with it you would probably get bogged down in seconds in the rough ground, anyhow it looks "Weapons Grade" drive it smooth tctractors

dirty4fun

Very great looking new service truck. Hope got everything in its place and back on the road working.

theironoracle

Occupation
OWNER/OPERATOR MOBILE HEAVY EQUIPMENT REPAIR
Very great looking new service truck. Hope got everything in its place and back on the road working.
Not quite together maybe today! Fun fact, please don't call hoarders, I cleaned and counted my "end wrenches" today, I am packing 232, I think I may eliminate some about 10 maybe!....TIO

caterpillarmech

Occupation
Field Service Supervisor
Only 232? Is something wrong? I was just trying to think how many sets I have. Combination std & mm, stubby std & mm, stubby ratcheting std & mm, combination ratcheting std & mm, double flex combination ratcheting std & mm, x beam ratcheting std, half moon std & mm, s wrenches std & mm, angle std, double flex double box mm, jumbo std, and jumbo angle. Goodness, now wonder I never have any pocket money and my truck is always overweight! Good looking truck. one of our guys has one with an international under it. Hope you enjoy it for years to come.

theironoracle

Occupation
no more pics yet. now she is kind of put together so i can function on a daily basis. had to order another tool box, its in the driveway but i haven't slowed down enough to install it and take the tools out of the cardboard boxes and get it loaded. I did get the name and dot numbers on to keep the weigh cops happy (graphics girl did a great job).....TIO

theironoracle

Occupation
Thanks for the compliments guys. I think it will make work a bit easier for a few years.....TIO

theironoracle

Occupation
image.jpgimage.jpg
Hit a small "Mile" stone today, been so blessed to have this new tool for this busy work season....TIO

FSERVICE

you haven't let it sit still very long since you got it... LOL nothing like a great truck to make life a little easier on you.. how bout a few more pics of it??

Mike L

Occupation
Self employed field mechanic
So is it big enough? Would you have done anything different?

theironoracle

Occupation
Mike L, so far its big enough, I'm sure it will fill up over the years. I will change some things if I decide to every purchase a new truck again, I'm am not complaining, it is so much better than any truck I have had in the past.

TIO

Deeretracks

Occupation
Shop Foreman
Joe, how's she treated ya the last year? I just got the go ahead to find a new truck for myself and was wondering if you were happy with your setup? I'm looking for a T370. Is yours a 300hp PX-9 w/ 6 spd AT? I'm pretty partial to 9spd service trucks but most new ones are autos.

Chad

Mike L

Occupation
Self employed field mechanic
Joe, how's she treated ya the last year? I just got the go ahead to find a new truck for myself and was wondering if you were happy with your setup? I'm looking for a T370. Is yours a 300hp PX-9 w/ 6 spd AT? I'm pretty partial to 9spd service trucks but most new ones are autos.

Chad

Been a long time. Where you been?

theironoracle

Occupation
image.jpg
Yes mine is a 6 speed auto and the px-9 300 hp. I would not change a thing. I prefer the automatic for myself and definitely for hired drivers. I am more convinced of maintainer being one of the best bodies on the market. The crane operates flawless, it has load sense and level sense so a guy can always lift safely without having to get out his tape measure to compare to the charts and guess at how much he is lifting. I would/will buy from Palmer trucks again, they are productive but not pushy and still have a family owned attitude to their business.

Gripes: the crane remote needs batteries monthly or more often regardless of use
The crane cradle for storing has a breakaway feature just driving down the road it comes loose
The engine always has some sort of light on the dash, only orange which means not critical aka ignore if nothing is wrong currently it says egr is plugged been this way for more than 1000'miles, my theory is I don't want any exhaust gas recurculating anyways so ignore until I slow down?
The truck has never gone to the dealer for anything
The truck has never regenerated the exhaust filter, the light came on once but I drove it and it must have cleaned out just from driving

22,000 miles 813 hrs........TIO