• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Desperate for a service truck

Deeretracks

Occupation
Shop Foreman
Yes, mine is an actual Carco. It's the nicest service body I've had to date. My Pete had an IMT which was very nice and my old Jimmy had a Autocrane that was a leaky POS. My 1st 2 trucks were 11 footers and I didn't have any issues but since I've had this 14' I don't think I could go back.

theironoracle

Occupation
OWNER/OPERATOR MOBILE HEAVY EQUIPMENT REPAIR
Deeretracks, nice to hear that a 14 footer is worth the expense. I don't have a shop so I store some extra tools at a customers shop for when I need them also my garage is pretty full. When you don't have all your tools with you it takes a bit of extra forethought which gets worse for me everyday. Lots of times I just use what I have thinking in the back of my head " I wish I had that tool that's sitting in the shop". Yesterday My truck was lowered down a skid trail with a shovel so I could get to a skidders that had busted all the bolts in the alligator, as I backed between a couple tight trees and slid down the hill backwards I thought I wasn't going to be doing this with the new longer service truck....TIO

Deeretracks

Occupation
Shop Foreman
Sometimes I miss working in the woods but stories like that make me glad to be working on machines in new housing plats or our 3 bay shop. Good luck with the search, when you live out of your truck it's nice to have one you really enjoy. My body is big enough that I'm half tempted to start working on a T800 chassis for it so I will match the rest of the fleet.

oilfieldjunkie

Occupation
oilfield mechanic
sorry to hear about your truck. I just got a new Kenworth T270 with IMT dom II 11ft and 10k crane. Went with the trail blazer air pack to try and keep hours off the truck. Moved into this truck from a ford 550 and am very happy with the change. Just stopping alone was worth the money. I got my truck from Lodi equipment in Sacramento, you might want to give them a call, when I went to pick my truck up they had a lot of trucks that were not on there web site. Didn't see the mystery blue KW, but they might have something else you want.

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
Welcome to the Forums NV CAT MAN!:drinkup

Mike L

Occupation
Self employed field mechanic
We'll since this thread has gotten quiet, we can only assume you're either traveling to get a truck or are busy loading it. Update please.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

theironoracle

Occupation
Neither, just busy at work, between getting financing and getting quotes back on trucks this process is long and drawn out. If you dot all i's at cross all t's, it takes a lot . just saved myself a good pile of money today just getting 1% knocked off the loan. Paccar has a promotional deal going on, 2 years extra warranty and very good terms just found it today and got it approved.....TIO

Mike L

Occupation
Self employed field mechanic
wow, so you're going new?

theironoracle

Occupation
mikel, couldn't find an upgrade that made more sense than new.....TIO

Truck 505

I hope that you have better luck with your new KW than a mechanic I know has had with his. Got the truck brand new last year and it has been in the shop more than it has been out.

theironoracle

Occupation
Lets hope that's not the case truck505, I have heard those stories before just don't want to tell them about my truck.....TIO

Truck 505

Lets hope that's not the case truck505, I have heard those stories before just don't want to tell them about my truck.....TIO

I don't wish all the bad stuff I have heard about them on you or anyone else, just wanted to let you know in case you hadn't heard about the problems.

excavator

Yes, I have a customer who bought a new T-300 a couple of years ago and he's had nothing but problems. But you can have that with anything you buy. I'm currently upgrading from my L8000 Ford to a T-600 Kenworth and am wondering what new issues I may have to deal with. The good thing is that when I'm finished building it I'll likely only have $20,000.00 invested, not like a brand new one.

excavator

overworked, I'm going to be working on it over the next few months so I'll try to get a few pics posted. Hope to have it up and running by summer.