• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

denso HP 0 common rail

nobbie

Hi All

Anyone ever resealed one of these fuel pumps.
Its on a 190 hp 6hk1 isuzu truck that has recently started derating when warm and you rev over 2000.
Spoke with a local dealer and he suggested fuel pump but at 3 k for an exchange ithought i might try reseal myself.
Have worked on pumps before but not common rail ones, so any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

nobbie

All good small bronze screen clogged .just cant take dealers word for truth anymore

Attachments

• 20190309_142059.jpg
    20190309_142059.jpg
    608.2 KB · Views: 27
  • 20190309_141612.jpg
    20190309_141612.jpg
    611.3 KB · Views: 26

Birken Vogt

Charter Member
Is that at the inlet to the fuel pump itself? Somehow made it past the 2 micron secondary filter?

If so I would be a little concerned. With the crazy filter setups they put on these things, you would think they would not want a speck of talc to pass, but then we see stuff like this.

nobbie

Yes at pump itself guaze filter must be fine indeed as it got through seperator then secondary both fleetguard brand

nobbie

Donaldson are about but fleetguArd most popular over here Cummins dealers sell them . The gunk was made up of ma ny small particles over a long time it looked big in pic but was not big but many. Anyway i have sold truck i think hopeful get 12 k today

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
TBH I wouldn’t have Fleetguard anywhere near anything that we work on, and even less on my personal ride. I class them as about the same quality as Fram & parts store own brand lines. We had hell on with Cummins on one job when we told them where to take their Fleetguard and put Donaldson on everything. Donaldson are far better in my experience. That’s why I asked if you had other options.

Last edited:

nobbie

We get sakura from indonesia fleetguard ryco some baldwin but flertguard are biggest sold i know of. I will try and get a donaldson dealer from now on.

Birken Vogt

Charter Member
Back in the early 2000s I used Fleetguard (on trucks) on advice from others and because the IH dealer would deliver. Curious to know if you think it has changed since then? In our current business I have looked into them again but their product line doesn't really cover all our engines. (Small Japanese mostly.) Things are always changing.