• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Deere vs. Case

coopers

A buddy of mine said he has driven case excavators and says that they are more powerful than Deere's. What do you guys think?

Blake
WA

Ford LT-9000

Banned
Occupation
Rolling around in the dirt
Case excavators are pretty much Link Belt with different paint. One pit here has a Case excavator with a Link Belt boom on it.

cat320

Charter Member
Well all i know is the case excavators are made over seas beacuase the new ones i saw had jappanise or somethinf like that on the machine .

CascadeScaper

Occupation
2nd year Operating Engineer Apprentice
I don't think there is any excavator that is built in the US anymore.

coopers

Yeah, I knew they were made by Sumitomo which makes LB. But how about performance? I belive Deere-Hitatchi just opened a facility in the U.S. to build excavators, but I might have read it wrong. It was on their site.

Blake
WA

2004F550

Charter Member
Occupation
Operator/Student
You can get Cat ex.'s from the Aurora, Ill plant but it can take longer in some cases then buying a European machines. They can't keep up with the demand and dealers have a hard time getting slots.

CascadeScaper

Occupation
I know Deere/Hitachi has a plant in BC for their logging machines. Now that is some cool stuff.

Ford LT-9000

Banned
Occupation
Rolling around in the dirt
The Dealers here build machines at the dealership for the forestry contractors they order all the parts and pieces and assemble them there. Madill they build their own machines here in B.C. they are the only company that builds from scratch. Deere builds road builders and forestry machines in B.C. Caterpillar dealer in B.C. used to build custom built machines for B.C. but Caterpillar put a squash to that now they build Forestry machine where ever their main plant is. The machines don't meet West Coast spec's they are not as heavly built as the B.C. Cat dealer built them.

Wulf

CascadeScaper said:
I don't think there is any excavator that is built in the US anymore.

Komatsu build excavators in Tennessee, Utility machines in South Carolina, Haultrucks in Illinois and loaders in Quebec Canada. Probably 90% of the Komatsu excavators you see around are built (not just assembled) in the U.S.

Wulf

coopers said:
A buddy of mine said he has driven case excavators and says that they are more powerful than Deere's. What do you guys think?

Blake
WA

There are too many factors in play to make such a generalisation. Which model and series is being compared?

T Red

Deere/Hitachi excavator plant is in kernersville, nc. When I eat in town I watch them go by at lunch. It is normal to see a couple go by every day. Monday a 350 and 270 went by. (2 different loads of course)

Tim

tuney443

Occupation
excavating contractor
DEERE.No comparison against a Case--hardly even see them around.Why do you think Cat and Deere grab the most demand at auction?

CascadeScaper

Occupation
You guys are crazy, everyone knows that these are the best! :laugh :laugh :laugh

Attachments

• catlogo2.jpg
    catlogo2.jpg
    1.8 KB · Views: 323
Last edited: