• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Deere high speed scaper ?

245dlc

Occupation
Heavy Equipment Operator
Yeah it looked like it was almost stalling out when it was loading that scraper. I saw one of those dozer tractors things at Brandt a few days ago here in Winnipeg, they're not very big and I don't thing very heavy, it might work for stripping topsoil but I would be leary about using it for that too.

DPete

13 yards ? it's struggling to load and making the same cycle times as the scrapers hauling 2 or 3 times the material. How can that be cost effective, you also have 2 push cats in the cut that won't push it for fear of breaking something on it. No way is that machine making money in that vid. It's a high speed wannabe

Last edited:

Bumpus

Occupation
Disability / Retired
What I see is a guy that does not know how to load a scraper.

Look at the beginning of the video how he is constantly moving the leaver up and down with his finger that operates the bowl.

Instead of scraping he is always gouging the bowl which will not work very good on any kind of scraper.

He is cutting to much and then raises out of the cut and then gouging and stalling because he is not educated on the purpose of how a scraper pan works.

Watch people who know how to load, and there is a large difference.

DPete

He has to pump the scraper to load because there isn't enough traction to do otherwise

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
He has to pump the scraper to load because there isn't enough traction to do otherwise

Yeah, someone is trying to make this machine be something it's not. I hope the Fed Gov't doesn't see this video, they've wasted enough of our tax dollars.:rolleyes::D

muzy

Look at the beginning of the video how he is constantly moving the leaver up and down with his finger that operates the bowl.

I agree he is uneducated in operating, but would go so far as to say the shape and size and design of controls do not promote good control.
Over all the concept is interesting.
High speed, kinda reminds me of what one "operator" considered himself. A high speed trimmer on a 627, that was a joke to watch. muzy :)

245dlc

Occupation
Heavy Equipment Operator
I think that dozer, tractor, thingy would be better pulling discs or sheepsfoot rollers.

buckfever

talked to my local deere dealer and they said they won't even bring one in. to expensive and noone knows what the hell to do with it.

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
to expensive and no one knows what the hell to do with it.

I know, I know..that's why I hope the Fed Gov't doesn't get wind of this.:cool: Although it would be nice to pick up a nice 4 year old one with 15 hours on it at a GSA auction.:D:rolleyes:

Seriously what is retail on one of those rigs?

cummins05

380 thou CAN funds I hear not confirmed tho

That is a high speed dozer it should be used for just that laying light things like 3/4 road crush at high speed.

Dozerboy

Occupation
Operator
Might not be a bad machine to use around here. In with a fleet of pullpans we will run a mid size tractor pulling a small pan with a beegee behind it to clean up that haul roads and make a few loads with. That would work better then a beegee with a good hand at the seat. It could make a few loads and help finish too. Thats how they should of marketed it put a small finish scraper behind it to clean up wind rows.

tonka

Occupation
Equipment Operator
someone's buying them...:beatsme

Attachments

• CIMG5526-1.jpg
    CIMG5526-1.jpg
    128 KB · Views: 1,409

Kman9090

Put Top cons 3d mc2 on one and that thing would come in handy for finishing long stretch's of slopes! Or say you were finishing a highway getting it to grade so they could come in and lay base rock, if you have had to finish a highway you know how it is some spots are high and some spots are low and you usualy have to finish with a dozer and a scraper, or blade and scraper, where with this machine you could cut out the high spots and if you had a low spot you could go get you a pan full of dirt!

powerjoke

Occupation
owner/operator/estimator/mechanic/grunt/ditchdigge
I would buy one for $38k or maybe $80k, but not $380k lol.

no thanks we get along just fine without it, I doubt it would be much of a "tractor" because of the rear engine, I would like to see a vid of this thing and a 550Quad with twin pans on the same site ;)

Pj

Turbo21835

380 thou CAN funds I hear not confirmed tho

That is a high speed dozer it should be used for just that laying light things like 3/4 road crush at high speed.

Whats the need for a high speed dozer for spreading road stone? Doesnt a grader already perform that job already?