• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Deere dozers?

TRACKHOE71

Occupation
OPERATOR
i think everybody would agree that 450 -650 deeres are better than the cats , but anything bigger than say D6 cat has everyone beat hands down

surfer-joe

Deere dozers

I don't know that I would quite agree with TRACKHOE on the smaller Deere's being better than current small Cat's, but they were in fact superior for a long time, till Cat finally realized they had to put some real engineering into their little ones just like they did the big ones.

A lot of the old guys I knew at Cat just didn't have their hearts set on small equipment and untill they left (or died), the little units were sort of like the red-headed step child you know.

Current Deere products up to 650 are still very good in my book, even for the long run. Over that, like TRACKHOE says, Cat rules!

tuney443

Occupation
excavating contractor
i think everybody would agree that 450 -650 deeres are better than the cats , but anything bigger than say D6 cat has everyone beat hands down

X2---Been a Deere owner forever--just can't kill em--truly unbelievable.Small Cats are'nt close.

Dozerboy

Occupation
Operator
Both the 1050 and D8 have there pros and cons it comes down to service IMO.

345cl

Occupation
excavator operator in the sewer bussiness
we had a 550 jd and traded it in for a d5 last year,,its a nice machine the d5 dont get me wrong,,but id take the jd anytime over the cat,,but get into a d6 size and up and cat will go all the way ...