• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Deere CT332 Won't Start

CHARLIE BOSWELL

Tool_king . I could use any manuals you could help with for my 2007 ct 332. Email is charlieboswell@yahoo.com the engine will start and run for about 2 seconds and die . if I continue cranking through the first stall it will start and stay running, but as soon as i click in the seatbelt and push park brake , the display flashes blank and dies then I hear a clicking noise. when i check the codes on the display it is showing codes F985 , F9D5 , F9K8, F974 , and F9P8
Thanks
Charlie

djjdave1 and Critical Path
I sent you both the manuals.Took four emails each to sent it to you .
Thanks
ED

mg2361

Occupation
Equipment Mechanic
F985 , F9D5 , F9K8, F974 , and F9P8

Welcome to HEF Charlie;)!

The code that concerns me is the F974. That is for the alternator overcharging. If you measure the voltage coming out of the large wire on the alternator and it exceeds 16 V then the monitor will shut down to protect itself. Monitor shuts down, engine shuts down.

The other codes could be from a bad ground. Most of the grounds will be found attached to the flywheel housing near the starter (accessed from under the cab). Also check your battery cables, connections at battery as well as battery ground cable to the machine and to the block.

Should have started a new thread rather than piggy back another.

Last edited:

joeblow

Occupation
Retired
Check all the wiring harness and all the connections.I took a brand new 332 off the lowbed at the dealer and it was doing the same thing.I pulled apart one of the connectors behind the dash and it was full of water. It had rusted away one of the pins and making an intermittent connection. At Deere quality is job one. I shouldn't complain though those things kept us busy for a long time.

Centerhunter

Tool_king . I could use any manuals you could help with for my 2007 ct 332. Email is charlieboswell@yahoo.com the engine will start and run for about 2 seconds and die . if I continue cranking through the first stall it will start and stay running, but as soon as i click in the seatbelt and push park brake , the display flashes blank and dies then I hear a clicking noise. when i check the codes on the display it is showing codes F985 , F9D5 , F9K8, F974 , and F9P8
Thanks
Charlie
Hi Tool_king. Will you also send me the ct 332 manuals. I’m at jarrelljarrett@gmail.com. Thanks!

Brady Wisdom

ToolKing, would be very appreciative to get CT322 manuals. Trying to hunt down a condition where it stalled while in use and now won’t crank over to start.

mg2361

Occupation
Equipment Mechanic
Welcome to HEF tshepard1;)!

Please start a new thread if you have an issue you would like to try and resolve.

Do you know if the park brake solenoid is the same part number as the bucket lock and boom spool lock solenoid

No, they are different part numbers. Look at the 2 attached parts pages.

https://partscatalog.deere.com/jdrc/sidebyside/equipment/65667/referrer/navigation/pgId/2694427

https://partscatalog.deere.com/jdrc/sidebyside/equipment/65667/referrer/search/pgId/2722590

tshepard1

JR Hageman

tool_king, I was searching for the manuals for the ct332 and ran across this thread, I'm a Auto mechanic in Roundup Montana, and one of my customers brought me his loader for service. anyways I would really appreciate any manuals on this if you wouldn't mind. thanks jrhageman@yahoo.com

tool_king

Occupation
road mechanic owner
tool_king, I was searching for the manuals for the ct332 and ran across this thread, I'm a Auto mechanic in Roundup Montana, and one of my customers brought me his loader for service. anyways I would really appreciate any manuals on this if you wouldn't mind. thanks jrhageman@yahoo.com
Sending it to you . Emailed