• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Deere backhoe will not move! need some help

Canadian_digger

I have a problem with my 2006 310SG, My operator said he was just pushing some dirt when the park brake came on and the STOP light started flashing and the beeper came on. It will not move forward or reverse because. He shut the backhoe off and then it would not start again. I went to check it out, Check all fluid levels everything was good, I could get it started by jumping the starter, but still no movement and stop light and beeper still going

Any ideas anyone?

johnny_waz

Occupation
Engineering
I'm having a similar intermittant problem with my, 2000 410e. On mine when it happens the control panel has 12 volts on the positive, and negative side. If I wiggle the front loader to jar the machine I can get the machines park brake to shut off, which then also shows proper voltage at control panel. I'm guessing its a positive short somewhere but I have not isolated it yet. These machines park brake wiring is intertwined with everything, so its very easy for a short to disable the machine.

tuney443

Occupation
excavating contractor
Most definitely sounds like electrical glich somewhere that's now messing with the computer that seems to control almost everything on late model iron.I'd do a thorough visual check on all your hot [positive] leads first to check for the obvious. Good luck.

cutting edge

Did he reset the park brake switch (to park) and put the FNR in neutral?

The most common cause of your symptom here is low trans oil level.

johnny_waz

Occupation
Engineering
Did he reset the park brake switch (to park) and put the FNR in neutral?

The most common cause of your symptom here is low trans oil level.

I feel like a schlub, I must admit I did not check the transmission oil level when the machine would go into park. This weekend I had a chance to get to the machine and check the oil level. Sure enough! Not enough oil on the TRANSMISSION dipstick. Added oil and all was good. I did have a non related electrical problem also though. Fixed that too. The lead that Excites the alternator on start up was chafed and rubbing on the side of the engine.

Last edited:

bremery

I worked on a 2005 410G which had similar problems to what Canadian Digger stated. It turned out to be the main accessory solenoid (I think Deere called is a relay). I put an indicator light on the always hot output terminal, and the switched key power coming in. When the problem would occur the key light would remain lit and the main power would be out. Not sure if this will help.

Canadian_digger

Thanks to everyone to had replied, Talk to Deere today, They asked me if i checked the fuses, witch I did but when to double check and sure enough, I missed one that had blown, Pulled the one from the radio and off it went problem fixed. I was so happy thats all it was.

tuney443

Occupation
excavating contractor
I worked on a 2005 410G which had similar problems to what Canadian Digger stated. It turned out to be the main accessory solenoid (I think Deere called is a relay). I put an indicator light on the always hot output terminal, and the switched key power coming in. When the problem would occur the key light would remain lit and the main power would be out. Not sure if this will help.

Yes sir,that large relay caused me lots of grief on my 410G.Canadian Digger told me they're quite problematic,changed it awhile ago--all is good now.That puppy controls lots of functions.Under the gray console in front of your steering wheel.

CCompanies

The accessory relay in my 310D went, and when I finally figured it out, I finally had 12v power to everything that was supposed to. No more intermittent functions on anything. Glad thats all it was.