• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Deere 850J LGP grousers

still learn'n

Has anybody welded on new grousers? If so what is the process? Does the old one get cut off some to get squared up? New bars that were priced to me were 3/4" and 7/8" thick. Clears on dozer and end are less than 1/2" thick so do they get cut off so the total cleat height would be same as new ones?

farmerlund

Occupation
Farmer/ excavator
I welded them on my D8H a few years ago. I just added them to the top of my worn ones. Used a 300amp wire welder with .045 wire. they come pre beveled ready to weld on. bought them through my local Cat dealer. I think it was 86 bars cost around $900-1000. I don't think you need to cut old ones off. They make more sizes.
https://www.duratuff.com/products-grouser-bar.php