• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Deere 744J battery/power question

tractorfactor

Hey everybody, new to the forum here. I'm trying to get this 744J running but there's no power and I don't know my way around Deeres at all. I didn't see batteries in the engine compartment--are they locked in the bolted pockets by the rear counterweight? Is there a battery disconnect in the cab perhaps? I'd appreciate any help. Thanks!

Super S

If it is like the 544J the batteries are below the cab on the right side if you are sitting in the seat. Main disconnect is in there also. the battery box looks like a tool box almost. Hope this helps.

Deeretracks

Occupation
Shop Foreman
Yes, there is 1 battery on each side just in front of the c/w. If I remember right the battery shutoff is inside the RR engine door.