• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Deere 6420 rear remote SCV leak down

CatKC

I have a 200 Deere 6420 with 3 remote 300 series SCV's. After raising the wing using #2 SCV of my brush cutter OR my disc the wing will slowly go back down. I swapped hoses and it stays with #2 SCV. The hose connection is NOT leaking.
Unless someone has a better solution I figure I'll need to -rebuild- an SCV, but that appears to be a very difficult job.

CatKC

I need to rephrase my question.
It is a 2006 Deere 6420.
Anyone have an idea of what would cause the leak.
Has anyone rebuilt a rear SCV ? It seems to have a LOT of springs and seals, any advice would be appreciated.

ALSO, if I remove a SCV will I have to bleed the air out of the SCV block to get it to work again ?

sandy

Occupation
diesel mechanic
straight forward to rebuild
just don't lose the load sense check valves / penny washers between the scvs
they can drop down when you loosen the scv bolts and remove the scvs

CatKC

Is it neutralising propperly
Every position seems to function correctly. It's just when I put it in 'neutral?'. the wing gradually goes down. I have to apply 'slight' UP pressure to keep it from dropping.

CatKC

straight forward to rebuild
just don't lose the load sense check valves / penny washers between the scvs
they can drop down when you loosen the scv bolts and remove the scvs

Does everything come out thru the TOP?
I was somewhat concerned also about loosing the 4? ball bearings.

After reinstalling the SVC's do they need to be 'bled' to remove the air for them to function again ?