• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Deere 550 3325 winch issue

redneckracin

Occupation
Civil Engineer
Hey fellas, I am just starting to mess around with the 3325 winch on the 550 deere. I'm trying to figure out why I don't have power in. From what I understand, if the winch pump is making enough pressure to free spool then I should have more than enough pressure to reel in. Also, which plug on the right side if the level the winch should be filled to. The larger bolt has fluid coming out but the smaller one on the side case does not. Any ideas fellas?

redneckracin

Occupation
Civil Engineer
So a little more info, I drained all the fluid even though it looked clean, checked the pickup screen and it had some gunk on it but it's clean now. I refilled it until it came out the big pipe plug that points rearward. I'm not sure if that is the correct level, there is another plug on the passenger side case where the bearing is, it's a much smaller plug but I don't know if that's over full or what. Also, I took off the clutch side cover and inspected the band, it looks pretty good and dry. The solenoid also releases the springs and the brake band moves. I'm thinking there may be something wrong with the clutch??

redneckracin

Occupation
Civil Engineer
So to bring things full circle. I pulled the clutch cover off and checked the flow to the clutch. All good. Ended up pulling the clutch apart and the friction discs were shot. The last one had no material left at all. So off to mother deere to see if I can find some clutch friction discs...