• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Deere 544K service manuals needed/flywheel repair

Evening Digger

I have a 544K that has some teeth missing from the flywheel ring gear. Does anyone have a manual (or better yet-experience?) that covers this? Need to know how big of a job it is. TIA

tool_king

Occupation
road mechanic owner
I have a 544K that has some teeth missing from the flywheel ring gear. Does anyone have a manual (or better yet-experience?) that covers this? Need to know how big of a job it is. TIA
Just the nature of it the motor will have to be pulled to replace it .I have the repair manuals what is your email address ?

partsandservice

Not to contradict, because in my experience Tool king's knowledge is vast. The 544k transmission is connected to the engine with a drive shaft and dampener. The hydraulic tank can be removed to gain access to the drive shaft. Flywheel can then be removed from the engine .

Reactions: DB2

tool_king

Occupation
road mechanic owner
Not to contradict, because in my experience Tool king's knowledge is vast. The 544k transmission is connected to the engine with a drive shaft and dampener. The hydraulic tank can be removed to gain access to the drive shaft. Flywheel can then be removed from the engine .
No big deal I was out with my son's and was trying to do it from memory with out the book or machine in front of me as they were asking questions about stuff we fixing together .

Last edited:

adamr

Hi all
we have a similar issue with a 544K, do you have to take the engine out or the transmission out. does anyone have a repair manual for this machine
Thank you

mg2361

Occupation
Equipment Mechanic
Welcome to HEF adamr;)!

Either remove the hydraulic tank for access (which involves partial tipping of the cab) or remove the engine. Transmission does not get removed for that repair.

Evening Digger

It turns out our problem wasn’t the flywheel but the starter. May double check that if it seems the flywheel is missing teeth. Starter is much easier to access:)