• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

DEERE 410D- how much?

xcv8tr7

Occupation
EXCAVATOR
Hello everyone, A contractor in my area is looking to sell his 1992 410D. It has ext.hoe, 4x4, enclosed cab w/heat, 10000 hrs. Runs great, doesn't use any oil, some play in hoe but not real bad, tires @ 60-70%. It needs about $1000 in repairs to the transfer case as it sits. I have borrowed this machine before when I was having problems so I'm somewhat familiar with it. It could use a paint job but that's not really important. I would love to hear what you guys think would be a decent price. He has given me a number- I think it's crazy cheap. For the fun of it tell me what you think. Thanks in advance!

davidd

Occupation
www.paulowniatrees.com
I have fooled with lots of equipment, actually the folk selling it. Somehow a price for a certain repair is always under stated. Have some one independatly check the transfer case thing. Without knowing any more, I would say $6500

D

xcv8tr7

Occupation
EXCAVATOR
I checked the parts on my own from deere. I added some labor on to the price of the oem parts to come up with $1000. Thanks for the replies so far. I'm pretty surprised what you have said- when looking at equipment sites I can't even touch a 2wd reg. stick for that money when they're 5 yrs. older to boot! I looked at machinery trader and there isn't many machines under 15k- even with way less options and more years. Maybe it's just me?

shopteacher 1

When giving a price sight unseen, people are usually likely to go on the low side. Also, I think 10,000 hours is high. What has been done over the years? has the engine or hydraulic pump been rebuilt been rebuilt? etc. Being you have been on the machine and used it, not just driven it around, you should have a pretty good gut feeling as to the condition and worth of the machine.

Deon

xcv8tr7. I have a 1992 310D 4x4 extendahoe with 8,400 hrs. I payed more than the guys are talking back in June 2010. I've been watching every for-sale backhoe since then and haven't found more than a couple anywhere within 500 miles from me that would have been an equal or better deal. Most of the older Deeres have rusted out cab bottoms like mine did. I completely rebuilt the cab from a few inches above the bottom of the side windows down to and including the floor and heater box. I am now rebuilding the extendahoe sliders and cylinder seals. xcv8tr7 you can send me a PM if you like. Those Deere engines seem to run for a long time. There is a 310C near here with 13,000 hrs that sounds and runs like new and doesn't burn oil.