• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

DEERE 333E UNEVEN SPROCKET WEAR ( ONE VS THE OTHER )

TEX32

Occupation
Owner, Technician @ INTEGRITY HEAVY REPAIR INC.
Gentlemen...
Question regarding sprocket wear. I just went and looked at a machine for a customer, before purchase. ( Lives 8 hrs away )
2017 Deere 333E ( 3200 hrs )
Has brand new tracks. Right hand sprocket is worn AF. ( very sharp ) Left hand sprocket worn a bit, but nowhere near as much as the Right. ( Original sprockets ! )
Outside of poor metallurgy, what would cause one sprocket to wear out way faster than the other? Especially a machine with only 3200 hrs...

Acoals

Occupation
Jack of all trades/Master of none
There aren't 3200 hours on the original sprockets.

Running sprockets on worn tracks will accelerate the wear. With "brand new tracks" at 3200 hours that is probably at least the third set of tracks in a well maintained situation, as many times as guys change one track and nothing else, who knows what happened.

Machine needs two new sprockets.

TEX32

Occupation
Owner, Technician @ INTEGRITY HEAVY REPAIR INC.
Oh I agree 100% that the sprockets need to be replaced.
My question was aimed at what would cause one to wear way more than the other. ( see pic )

Attachments

• 20240424_133138.jpg
    20240424_133138.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 7
  • 20240424_133151.jpg
    20240424_133151.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 7

Tones

Occupation
Ex land clearing contractor, part-time retired
The usual cause of this is operator dexterity(left or right handed) and is very common but seldom recognized. Every operator is guilty of it to a greater or lesser extent. If noticed early enough the sprockets should be swapped from side to side to gain total wear.

92U 3406

Occupation
Wrench Bender
With 3200 hours I don't think those are still original sprockets.

I'm going to say more than likely they weren't replacing them in pairs or they threw a new track on one side earlier on, then put 2 new tracks on again recently.