• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Deere 300D Series II - hydraulic oil change to enviromental

naharra

Hi, just planning what the best way to change the hydraulic oil in a Deere 300 D series II over to enviromental friendly oil.
The manufacturer of the synthetic environmental hydraulic oil says a max of 3% of the old hydraulic oil can be in the system ……. so draining the tank, 2 pumps, control valve, steering cylinders, and box dump cylinders should be done in a well thought out sequence.
Usually on excavators we do the tank and pumps first and then purge all the lines, track motors, and cylinders until we see the new oil come thru.
I am thinking of doing the same on this rock truck…….. does anybody have any idea’s to add ?

Steve Austin

This is a late post but i just got back on the forum.
I would suggest after switching to synthetic and run unit for a while to change hydraulic filters and drain hydraulic reservoir and refill.
I had a customer who had a Deere 160DLC that blew a hydraulic line. He added 10 gallons of regular hydraulic oil to the reservoir which contained 46N synthetic 4000-hour oil.
This created a chemical reaction with the synthetic oil and depleted the lubricating ability of the synthetic oil. Also created a gummy Carmel candy like substance in reservoir and caused sticky valves in the system.
Luckly the solution was to drain as much hydraulic as possible change filters and refill with synthetic. Have customer run unit for at least 10 hours and repeat this procedure.
The synthetic will clean the system up. This was the procedure from the Deere Technical Assistance Center.

naharra

This is a late post but i just got back on the forum.
I would suggest after switching to synthetic and run unit for a while to change hydraulic filters and drain hydraulic reservoir and refill.
I had a customer who had a Deere 160DLC that blew a hydraulic line. He added 10 gallons of regular hydraulic oil to the reservoir which contained 46N synthetic 4000-hour oil.
This created a chemical reaction with the synthetic oil and depleted the lubricating ability of the synthetic oil. Also created a gummy Carmel candy like substance in reservoir and caused sticky valves in the system.
Luckly the solution was to drain as much hydraulic as possible change filters and refill with synthetic. Have customer run unit for at least 10 hours and repeat this procedure.
The synthetic will clean the system up. This was the procedure from the Deere Technical Assistance Center.
Excellent information …….… thank you !