• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Deere 200CLC Rotary Manifold R/R

twabscs

Hi All,

Been lurking on the forum for years and finally picked up an excavator for mostly farm-related stuff. This is my first metric machine on the farm and I need to replace the manifold. New one is here and I started to take off the old one and didn't make it very far. It is a very tight space and getting the hydraulic fittings lose is my first problem. I've attached some photos of the beast.

Some questions. First, is there a good place that I can research metric fittings? All of my current farm machines are SAE / JIC / NPT etc. Second, any tips on the proper tool to get after these fittings on the manifold? It looks like a 34 mm wrench is first on the list (my metric tool inventory is being upgraded). Would flare-nut wrenches (if I can find them this large) be the best tool?

Thanks,

Tom1356.JPG

mikebramel

The top ones look like Oring Face. The lower ones have a foreign style of crimp, maybe BSPP.

Wrench and a dead blow are your friends

Occupation
Heavy Duty Equipment Technician
All of them are o ring face. Even the smaller lines. A straight 200c has tons of room. You can remove the boom cylinder hoses and work it from there. 1 7/16" works but shes a tad bit loose if you cant find a metric.

excavator

Like 707 said, the 4 on the top are just o-ring face fittings and you can use a 1 7/16" wrench, they're tight and a bit difficult to break loose but welcome to the world of working on heavy equipment. Remove the 2 front ones first and then remove the tall fittings so you have room to get to the other 2. The 2 smaller lines at the base are JIC fittings and you will want to get plugs for these to keep from loosing all your oil. Underneath the machine you will find 4 more o-ring face hoses and 4 JIC hoses.

twabscs

Thanks guys, on the ones that are JIC, are they SAE sizes as I have plugs and such for that. From what I read about JIC 37 degree fittings, they don't mention metric sizes so I'm guessing so.

Yeah, the underneath side looks a bit easier to work on.

Tractorguy

The main lines on top and bottom are a size 12 ors I believe. I've broken some loose with a crows foot on an impact and if they're that tight get an air hammer out and break them that way. And make sure once all likes off it drops out the bottom! Watched one guy snap a chain thinking it came out the top. Sure be like an 1"3/8 wrench I believe.

twabscs

Thanks everyone for the help. We got it off today. You won't believe how we got the top four nuts loose. We had to use a come-a-long with a special smooth-face pipe wrench. Once they broke loose, we were good. After that it was just a messy job to get it taken off. My JIC plugs and caps worked fine.

There are lots of o-rings in the various fittings. I'm thinking I should replace all the o-rings given now that I have it apart. Is there a good place online to get these?