• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Deep compression with 365c

MKTEF

Occupation
Production manager
Deep compressing.:Banghead

Here is a way to compress the filling on a site:
http://www.tsmaskin.no/nyheter.cfm?nytt_artid=80466&this.avd=3200&lang=nor

I wasn't able to copy the animation with all the picture's.:(
The translation goes:
Deepcompression with a 10t weight and a Cat 365C.(20 000Lbs)

The dynamic deep compression is performed for Skanska with the weight falling from 8,5 meter.(25 feet)

The energi is then applied 8-10 meter down in the filling.(25-30 feet)
Geotechnichans has made a map with spots to drop the weight on.
After the drops its levelled and finaly compressed with a standard vibrating roll.
Total compression after the procedure is around 30-50 cm.(1-1 1/2 ft)
And there is multiple positive effects: Short rigging, quick work, can be done on narrow places, can be done in places where admittance is difficult.

A new way to use a 365C, in my oppinion:D

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
I have seen an add from a company in ENR that does this type of "dynamic compaction". From the add they use a crawler crane and a big weight. They say they use it for landfill consolidation, mine spoils and loose fills. This is their website http://www.dynamiccompaction.com/

Definetely has its place in the site prep world. The 365C must have a quick connect to pick the weight up and drop it. This setup would definetely help with close quarters work.

Neat stuff. Thanks for the link MKTEF.:thumbsup