• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Decorated 980H

2004F550

Charter Member
Occupation
Operator/Student
Well since our 980H is still getting worked on by Cat and not in the field yet we decided to dress it up for the holidays and put it in front of our shop so those going by on the highway could enjoy it. These pics are at dusk, i want to get some at night, its impressive. We used just about 3000 lights and lots of tape.

Merry Christmas!

John

Attachments

• equipment pictures 057.jpg
    equipment pictures 057.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 559
  • equipment pictures 058.jpg
    equipment pictures 058.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 557

murray83

Occupation
jack of all trades....master of none
We just got one at the port last month for the potash and salt terminal but the morons got salt into the hydraulic system and she's laid up :mad:

2004F550

Charter Member
Occupation
Operator/Student
sorry to hear that, doesn't sound cheap......here are some more pics at night

Attachments

• equipment pictures 061.jpg
    equipment pictures 061.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 535
  • equipment pictures 062.jpg
    equipment pictures 062.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 541
  • equipment pictures 063.jpg
    equipment pictures 063.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 541

Wulf

Those night pictures look awesome!

If you hadn't posted the daylight pics I would have said someone had photoshopped those pics :laugh

By the way murray... how did the salt get in the 980H :eek:

NateV

Occupation
Excavating
Local Cat dealer does the same thing. They have a loader with a tag trailer attached to it, and on the trailer is a mini excavator and skid loader all with lights on them. Looks pretty cool.

murray83

Occupation
jack of all trades....master of none
:confused: Your guess is as good as mine,The boys don't take care of the equipment the union motto was drive it like you stole it :rolleyes:

LaLaMan

ive only seen 980s at quarries or ready mix companies. Your guys' jobs must be massive. NJ is pretty much over devloped so I dont get to see massive equipment that much.

2004F550

Charter Member
Occupation
Operator/Student
It will work in our pit charging the crusher, loading trucks etc. but we have also used them on our site jobs for mass earth when conditions are right. If the job is set up right the 980 and D350 trucks can move material much quicker then using a 345 to load, just has to be the right job to run a loader.

Lashlander

Very nice job on the lights. The Cat dealer in Missoula Mt. used to do that years ago. They still might , I haven't been there for a few years. They always did a high track dozer, skidder, and a grader. They used lights that blink in sequence on the tracks and tires so they looked like they were moving.

Lashlander

ive only seen 980s at quarries or ready mix companies. Your guys' jobs must be massive.

Not neccesarily, this is a picture of the entire job. The pile in the forground is the foot of the stock pile. Had to cut 4 trees down to get it in the driveway. They hauled a 155 Komatsu in and tried to rip it but it wouldn't budge. Job took 5 hours total time not counting the move.

Last edited:

junior

Not neccesarily, this is a picture of the entire job. The pile in the forground is the foot of the stock pile. Had to cut 4 trees down to get it in the driveway. They hauled a 155 Komatsu in and tried to rip it but it wouldn't budge. Job took 5 hours total time not counting the move.

i did not understand anything, is it coal, what is the problem, why wouldn't budge? maybe problem is in me but can you tell more please, what is doing that giant machine there? is it a rock ripping work with ripper, if yes, i think an excavator with a rock breaker is better in that small area.

Last edited:

Lashlander

Sorry for the confusion. The site is rock. It was hard enough that a Komatsu 155 wouldn't rip it. The site is approximately 60' X 50' with a 12' cut. The D10N ripped right through it. I'd cornor hook what I could then a 312 Cat Excavator would bail out the cornors while I worked the other side. Our breaker is ran off a 345B so moving it isn't much different and I'd estimate a week to chip it off