• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

DDEC KENT MORE TEST MODULE

workshoprat92

Does anyone know anything about this test module? It says for ddec2 but why wouldnt it work on a ddec 3 or 4? Are they worth the money or can i wire up what i need to run an engine way cheaper than this tool?
I sure hate to pay what they are asking as ddec2 is obsolete and getting rarer by the day. No new ecms are being built and old ones are non rebuildable as there are parts in them that are out or production!s-l400-2.jpg

workshoprat92

Hey thats good information! I may have to go the conversion route at some point as ddec 2 ecms get harder and harder to come by. I kinda want to avoid it if at all possible! Its just big $$$$$$

Still like to know if this box will work on a ddec 3 or 4. I dont see the use in paying that much money if its only usable on a 2 and at some point it will become useless as the ddec 2 supply goes away!

Last edited:

Spud_Monkey

Occupation
Decommissioned

workshoprat92

No its not a break out box. A break out box has test points tou use in conjunction with a multimeter. This unit can run an engine and bypass the truck factory wiring harness. That way you can tell if you have an ecm issue or a truck wiring harness issue. Also you can use it to test run an engine on a stand or dyno.