• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

DD25 Ingersoll-Rand Drums Lubrication

candor

Hi,

Could someone help me please and let me know If the DD25 Ingesoll-Rand roller need lubrication
or some maintenance at the drums level! I do not see any access for that.
I have no manual for this machine.
It is 1990 model with 3900 working hours.
On both front and rear hydraulic motion motors there are 2 srews marked "L" and "R".
What do these marks mean.

I appreciate if someone has the manual for this machine or th DD23 model(they are almost the same I think).

Thanks.

Ben Witter

The side shown in your pics are the propel motors. These are Poclain wheel motors and are lubed entirely by the hydraulic oil they run in. The othe side has the vibration motor and carrier bearing. The motor is lubed via hydraulic oil. The carrier and eccentric(inside the drum) bearings are packed with grease and lubed when they are replaced. The only other maintenance item on the drum is the rubber shocks. Keep an eye on them for any serious cracking.