• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

DD 3:53 and Allison AT545 swap

alevins

Good morning,
I have searched and found a lot of information, but not what I am really looking for, I have a B/W T12 in my old dynahoe and am going to convert over to a AT545. I really only need 1 and reverse as its just a farm hoe and speed is not a factor. I believe the 3:53 is a SAE #3 bellhousing and the AT545 is as well, does that mean any AT545 would mate up? the torque converter disc in there now is just a flat plate for the b/w, I am assuming there must be a different plate I would need?

appreciate any advice
thanks
Luke

old-iron-habit

Occupation
Retired Cons't. Supt./Hospitals
Most of the time the flywheels are drilled the same and its a simple swap. Of course there are always odd ball exceptions. I just put a Ford Dorset Diesel in a Pettibone Carry Lift that had a Fiat in it. All I had to do was machine a different size bushing for the center of the flywheel as the flex plate supported in the center. Even though one was metric threads and one SAE everything fit and worked nice.