• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Damaged glow plug hole in head

bttpe

When drilling out a stuck glow plug I went too deep and ruined the point where it seals. The threads are fine and a glow plug will install it just is not going to seal. Will this work for a little while until I can gather up enough money to purchase a new head? I'm also considering just plugged the hole with a bolt. The engine has low hours 750 hrs and it's a Duetz in a Bobcat 863. It always starts very quickly never needed to lug or use starting fluid. It looks like the only risk is that it won't start and need a new head at some later point.

thepumpguysc

Occupation
Master Inj.Pump rebuilder
If u put in a glow plug, it’ll leak compression..
If u plug it w a bolt, you’ll hold the compression..
The other working plugs should fire it off..
You’ll probably get some white smoke from the “cold” cylinder.. that’s to be expected.
Good luck

bttpe

Thanks I'll give that a try. I appreciate the response. I'll let you know how it goes.