• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

D9H

Bjt

Recently purchased a D9H 90V and used it 4-5hrs here on the place with no problems at all, it run the way it’s supposed to. I pulled it in the shop to put new brass bushings and seals in the forward/reverse and 1-2-3 gear shafts in the top of the tranny housing, changed all the fluids/filters and cleaned the screens and also pulled to two small plugs on the bottom of the transmission cooler. It’s back together but won’t pull while in gear. The shaft between the torque and transmission is spinning but no movement fwd or rev. The only change I made was putting 50w instead of 30w in the tranny because I had a barrel handy and was planning on another fluid change soon because it set for some time. There is pressure to the pump and filter housing because I removed the plugs to get the air out. Could the thicker tranny oil not allow pressure to build and reach the top of the tranny transfer gears or is there something I’m overlooking?

Bjt

It stopped 1 time then went back to spinning when going back into neutral then no more stop. This was done at low rpms and at an idle. Not sure what would happen if I go to high idle and try it. Just trying to be easy w it until i figure out the prob.

nicky 68a

Have you got all the linkages set correctly.With new bushings etc,the quadrant may not be finding the gears?
Can you try manually engaging the gears.It’s obviously finding something as the shaft stopped

Bjt

The linkage is a little off and doesn’t go into or find 3rd gear now. Just was hoping to get it moving before I took the time to fine tune it. I haven’t tried manually engaging with the linkage unhooked but will this morning.

Bjt

Manually engaging the gears with the linkage disconnected didn’t kick it into gear. Driveshaft was spinning and did not stop. Is there a possibility of an air pocket preventing oil reaching the top of the tranny?

tctractors

If the gear shift is in drive (Speed) it will not drive when first started up, you would need to select N on the speed shift then re-select a speed, if you have oil pumping to the filter and it still fails to shift post again and I will tell you the next step.

Bjt

After installing hose O rings and repairing the small hole on the back of magnetic screen manifold pipe, it is now going into gear. Thanks everyone.

Is there supposed to be 3 breathers under the fuel tank? 1 on each side where the brake band adjustments are made and only 1 for both final drives in the bevel gear housing.