• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

D8r II Ecm?

kcdurtworks

I gotcha. What voltage should we have at shift silinoids. (Spell check) on second gear forward and reverse it has 5.5-5.7

kcdurtworks

We have correct pressure at relief valve. Tech is thinking it’s the modulating valve. Oh yeah we’re doing the site work for the new Cat store to lol! Got cat dozer broke down on cat property with cat mechanic I told tech sounds like it’s all cats fault lol.

Vetech63

Seems like the injector swapping and the tranny fail are related. Have all the wire harness connectors been checked for tightness and corrosion?

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
Update on the transmission solenoids. They are activated by 24v but using a PWM signal to modulate the operation of the solenoid valves, so a DMM will not measure 24v at an energized solenoid.
From the SysOp - Note: The solenoid coils are not designed to operate on direct 24 VDC. The ECM sends a 24 volt PWM signal at a duty cycle which provides the necessary current to the solenoid coils. Do NOT activate the coils with 24 VDC (+battery).
If you have a DMM capable of measuring Duty Cycle that's the best way of measuring the signal that is coming to the solenoid. In neutral it should be 0%, and with a gear engaged somewhere probably above 80%, but that's a WAG.

kcdurtworks

Pulled back cover off of trans and took voltage there on solenoids. I believe that was the voltage with the key on not running. Investigating harness from engine Ecm to tcm now.

kcdurtworks

Update. Apparently yesterday tech stalled (put in 3rd gear held break on floor) dozer to build heat to see if injector code would come back. Well he heard a ka-klunk sound after a little while. And that’s why he’s hell bent on it’s not electrical issue. So sounds to me I now have electrical issue and trans issue. Got dozer on slab washed off pulling trans in morning. Btw pulled filters looks like full of clutch discs. Keep y’all updated.