• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

D8K or D9N need advice!

bcole4

Just a quick update, I cleaned the magnet thoroughly and ended up buying a new screen for it because my other one was coming apart a bit on the top.

Hauled to a new job this morning where I will run it about 50 hours and keep fingers crossed that no other debris keeps showing up.

For anyone looking for a good way to clean the magnet, what worked for me after wiping off as much as I could from the outside was to use one of the magnet pickup tools you use to get dropped bolts and such and rub that on the inside and then keep wiping it off and repeating. Got everything I couldn’t from the i side40AA8282-96BA-481C-BC11-2F918B45D004.jpeg

nicky 68a

You’ve done an excellent job in cleaning that magnet up.Fair play.
Good cleaning will come in very handy when those steering clutches come out to do the bands etc.I feel your steering controle valve will need to be stripped and cleaned too.
Some heavy work ahead unfortunately,but perhaps you’ll get away lightly.
Steering clutches and brake bands are t too heavy on the wallet,just labour intensive.I’d advise getting a good man to check your cross shafts etc out while you’re in there.
TC travtors has depressing pictures of at least 2 of my D8’s he did this job on,but worth every penny.

John Shipp

Occupation
forestry contracting

This link has been posted earlier up the thread, but for reference Nicky are some of those pictures in TC Tractor's thread here?

nicky 68a

This link has been posted earlier up the thread, but for reference Nicky are some of those pictures in TC Tractor's thread here?
Yes,they will be most definitely