• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

D7F sn 94N8313 Transmission Problem

Ladell

Occupation
Semi Retired
After tractor warms up it doesn't want to engage in reverse. Replaced pressure control valve, seems to have helped some but still erratic. Able to get it to engage with lots of shifter movement back and forth from 3rd range to 1st. Direction pressure on PCV goes to zero when this happens, once engaged goes to about 310psi hot. Once engaged pulls good. Transmission has been in and out 3 times, clutches like new.

Mobiltech

Occupation
Self employed Heavy duty mechanic
I just had a D7g do the same thing. I tried adjusting the direction spool. I then tried changing the valves which didn't fix it. I finally pulled the trans and tore it down. Very little clutch wear and reverse would apply with air pressure but not as quick as forward. I replaced the piston and steel seal rings which only improved the air application a bit. Put trans back in and problem was solved.
You can check the clutches with air with trans in machine if you remove the valve stack. See how reverse compares to forward .