• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

D7F (Engine type?)

Chemicals

Can someone help tell me, what year is D7F serial # 61G603 (this is USA army machine? I am also interested to know what is the engine type. Thanks

Chemicals

CAT D7F (Engine type?)

Can someone help tell me, what year is D7F serial # 61G603 (military dozer). I am also interested to know what is the engine type. Thanks

D6c10K

The year I can't help you with but a D7F should have a 3306 engine

The list I have says a 61G s/n is military.....commercial machine equivalent should be 94N1 though 94N5191 s/n

Rusted

Can someone help tell me, what year is D7F serial # 61G603 (this is USA army machine? I am also interested to know what is the engine type. Thanks

D7F's started out with the D333c engine until it was superseded by the 3306 when it became available in about 1972.

lantraxco

There's a good chance it's been updated with a 3306DI, the dealer I worked at back in the late 90's, early aughts did a bunch of D7F certified rebuilds, it was a nationwide program CAT did for the government. All the ones we got were National Guard machines, they basically got zero houred from the frame up.

td25c

There's a good chance it's been updated with a 3306DI, the dealer I worked at back in the late 90's, early aughts did a bunch of D7F certified rebuilds, it was a nationwide program CAT did for the government. All the ones we got were National Guard machines, they basically got zero houred from the frame up.

That would sure be a nice tractor to get a hold of with the zero hour frame up rebuild .:thumbsup

Cat D7F was somewhat of a short term series , made it for maybe 3 years ? You could still get a new " high horse " D7E in 1970 and D7G showed up around 1974 .

My buddy has a 72 model military D7F and he really likes it , seems like a nice machine .

Member Nige or D9Gdon could tell ya what year the tractor is off the serial number .

D6c10K

Mechanic at local shop told me that all of the military D7F's were the low number machines that used the D7E transmission. The 7E trans in the 7F gave problems....supposedly because the 7E trans was designed for low speed/high torque and the 7F with the 3306 is high speed/low torque and the trans wouldn't take it.
He wasn't too concerned about it......just have to operate them differently. As long as you come to a full stop before reversing directions they were ok.
At least that's how he explained it to me.