• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

D7e now in New Zealand

terexkerry

84hrs Kerry; rain last week never slowed you down then :D probably just cooled you down ! Slowed us down in my country.
All the money your making, you,ll be able to buy another TS14 :drinkup

Merv,not enougth to keep the dust down,I think with the workload,having a tooth extraced would be better than having a scraper,been there done that leave it to the big players,work on contract there is more $ in it.Take it easy,Kerry

Reubs

I have found out that the particular example I mentioned actually belonged to Greg Lamb ltd, being a 7uot-61sh It was built In the usa between 1964 and 1966, The article where I got the Information from was in a Classic plant and machinery magazine, Have a nice day, Reubs.

terexkerry

I have found out that the particular example I mentioned actually belonged to Greg Lamb ltd, being a 7uot-61sh It was built In the usa between 1964 and 1966, The article where I got the Information from was in a Classic plant and machinery magazine, Have a nice day, Reubs.

Reubs,you could ask George who owns S.I.R.Mechanical,he used to do all the work on Gregs scrapers,good luck,Kerry.

terexkerry

d7e in nz

merv,told today that it is going to be full on for next 3 to 4 months then they are going to thin out some of the 7 contractors.at least hopefully it will get me through winter.take it easy,kerry.seays are looking for scraper and dozer operators,kerry

Last edited:

Kiwi Craig

Occupation
Dozer Operator
Merv, yes the D7R was brand new. Belongs to Douglas Logging in Dargaville. It has a C9, 260hp, performs better than the
230hp D7R of Tony Elmiger's that I drove in Kaingaroa. Back up in old stamping ground, theyre logging the forests I roaded for when they were planted.
How long have you had the D7H for? Are you doing forestry roading up your way?

Bob/Ont

Very interesting to see CAT back off slightly on it's elevated sprocket concept. That says something for Komatsu and Deere, both of whom never tried to imitate it in the market to my knowledge. Those floppy tracks sure made for some accelerated pin and bushing wear, although I reckon it was good on final drives. In some ways, the R model was in some ways like the M Series graders introduced later, a little over the top.

It appears from the CAT website the company will continue to offer the D6 in both versions: oval track (K) and high track (N).

Article: http://enr.construction.com/products/equipment/2009/0624-CATRevealsHybridDozer.asp

The High drives have powershift trans and are easier to remove and install. I think the new conventional drives are electric as D7E or Hystat drive.
Later Bob

D6 Merv

Occupation
Self employed bulldozing contractor with a D6D D4E
ok fellas and fellessas, whats all the latest in news in D7s etc around :)
I got in a full week last week roading and doing landings; my countrys all clay and I need the big light to shine otherwise I move the proverbial 5/8 of fa. Unlike lucky people in that pumice country where the rain just keeps down the dust :D Mind you you fellas might get abit of that funny white stuff soon that I never see !
Hi Craig seen your horse in the latest logging magazine; but bet the dozing was abit easier up there without any stumps when you had your D7G ! D7H im on isn,t mine been on it since xmas but have been on it on and off last 3 years in between my own jobs, still got D6s and D4s and do some of the easier work with my 6 plus have a truck on metal cartage and do farm jobs with D4 on weekends !
Good to see you,ve got plenty on Kerry, keep you busy over the winter, Assume your on forest conversion to dairy ? As everything on the volcanic plateau must be 2nd or 3rd rotation by now. Forest block im in at kopu was originally Tasman forestry and is first cut. Was in coroglen before that.
Any more news about the new D7E ? Hope she lives up to the reputation of the original D7E; the first Fs where a failure but last of them were ok and Gs too. And I really like this D7H-2 ive got
Cheers boys, looks like a wet week for me, might have to go fix some of my own darlings, or if its too wet stay here and talk. :drinkup

terexkerry

Hi Merv,83 hours last week,just got lights put all over D8 so now its 12 machine hours a day.Poured today and still into it you dont have to worry about the air cleaners as much its great.Take it easy,Kerry.PS.Still not sighted D7.

mike187

Occupation
machine opperator at seay earthmovers Taupo
hey kerry d7 working up by headquarters doing races workin with scraper,heard its goin well were flat out we must b one of the only crews not goin 24hrs,poppn stumps at the mo by ohaki 3 30 tonners goin hard
cheers mike