• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

D6T XL Machine Will Not Run

ms0115

CAT D6T XL
Serial:GMK0153

When running this machine you have to depress the clutch pedal slightly for the machine to move forwards or backwards.Once it is in motion you do not have to have the pedal depressed.But if the park brake resets you have to redo the process to make it move. Any ideas on the cause of this situation? And any potential fixes. Thanks.

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
Kudos for posting a Serial Number.
Try putting the Monitor System in Service Mode and see what Diagnostic Codes it shows you.
It wouldn't surprise me if you had a Code for the pedal position sensor.
BTW it's not a clutch pedal. Are you talking about the Service Brake pedal which is the big one on the left, or the Decelerator pedal which is the smaller one on the right..?

ms0115

Yes I am referring to the brake pedal. We are finishing up installing the injector now.Once we get this done I will pull the codes and get back in touch. Thanks.

ms0115

Sorry it took a while to get back, but had a problem coding injectors. It was the pedal position sensor that was causing the issue with the machine. however I have 2 more codes that I would like help with. Fault Code CDL:874 Mode select switch and Fault Code CDL: 490 Implement lockout switch. I have not looked into these yet, do you have any suggestions? Thanks for the help

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
Do you have any Failure Modes associated with those two Component Identification Numbers..?
For both CID 874 and CID 490 can offer you the option of FMI 03 or FMI 04.
The Troubleshooting procedures will be slightly different for each option.

ms0115

Fault code: 874, FMI:3, Counter: 9 ECU: Engine
First Occurence Time: 9496
Last Occurence Time: 9779

Fault code: 490. FMI:3, Counter: 1, ECU: Engine
First Occurence Time: 9500
Last Occurence Time: 9500

ms0115

9797.6 Hours
They are showing as active and will not clear. It also has a service seatbelt notification that we are looking into now.

ms0115

We found a broke wire in the seatbelt circuit, repaired it and the service seatbelt message went out. As well as the red triangle that I thought was the other 2 codes. But if you have any information on the 2 codes that maybe educational, I would be glad to hear it. Thanks everyone for your help.