• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

D6T Production?? HELP!!!

Rookie

I have an opportunity to bid on a project that consists of building a large gravel parking lot. The size is approximately 16 acres. First, we need to strip the entire area of top-soil (6-9 inches) and then attempt to balance the cut/fill quanitities so the area is level as possible (approximately 20,000 tonnes). (Note: the width of the area is 200 metres and we are simply pushing all of the material to the sides to create a birm).

My questions: :Banghead

1. If we were to use one CAT D6T dozer approximately how long would this take?

2. What is the average fuel consumption of a CAT D6T dozer per hour?

3. Is this equipment too small to use for this application?

4. If we are going to sub-contract the fine grading, how long would a grader be on site?

Thanks for everyones experienced input!

Last edited:

grunk36

Occupation
trainer/technical support with TRIMBLE/SITECH denm
I have an opportunity to bid on a project that consists of building a large gravel parking lot. The size is approximately 16 acres. First, we need to strip the entire area of top-soil (6-9 inches) and then attempt to balance the cut/fill quanitities so the area is level as possible (approximately 20,000 tonnes). (Note: the width of the area is 200 metres and we are simply pushing all of the material to the sides to create a birm).

My questions: :Banghead

1. If we were to use one CAT D6T dozer approximately how long would this take?

2. What is the average fuel consumption of a CAT D6T dozer per hour?

3. Is this equipment too small to use for this application?

4. If we are going to sub-contract the fine grading, how long would a grader be on site?

Thanks for everyones experienced input!

i am not sure about the american inches and feet so that question i wont answer right now but i would say that the d6t is a perfect match for that kind of work and the fuel consumption is between 23 ltr per hour up to 43 ltr per hour with an average of 26 to 30 ltr per hour
i would do everything onsite with an d6t with gps also the fine grading if you can keep the grade inside the tolerances for that site
i has done sites here in denmark with gpsdozer up to 90000 square meters alone and it worked just fine

grunk36

Occupation
trainer/technical support with TRIMBLE/SITECH denm
has been thinking a little more about this and got some more info for you:)
with a D6T i has been able to move around 3-3500 cubic meters a day within the normal pushing range which here with us is 50 to 100 meters if your topsoil can be pushed to all 4 sides thats a trask that is done fast
the cut and fill will be done in 2 weeks max so long you dont has to push all the fill from one end to another the dozer will handle up to 3000 ton per day i have handlet that before
when it comes to the grading it depends on hov accurate it has to be??
my D6T is with dual gps and i can grade to an accuracy of 1,5 cm and finish up to 20000 square meters per day within that tolerance
but you must remember that you will have to get a compactor on site as well
hope this answers some of your questions

fbrg

Don't mind me, I'm just fulfilling my 3 post requirement so I can ask a question about an RD6.